View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #21
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INmitch View Post
I guess I didn't answer your question in my ealier post. If your serious about bbq comps take a class or 5. I've had a few teams say "well you went to so n so's class we want to do it on our own". I say oh well. It's not like I've followed anyones recipe to the dime. You get some great input to put with what your already doing and sometimes it all comes together.
I love the "I want to do it on my own" people who, out of the other side of their mouth, ask for advice or want to look over your shoulder. I'm sure they put their fingers in their ears or eyes when they see or hear anyone talking about BBQ. I'm sure they aren't members here browsing pictures or discussions. I'm sure they are way to busy figuring it out ALL on their own. The reality is that most (or all) of us are listening and learning all of the time. I've picked up something from every class I've taken. Sometimes they are little things and sometimes big things.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->