• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot links on the Mini

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Firesd up the mini egg and threw on a pack of JC Potter hot links. Cherry for the smoke. Picks to come.

Also made a temp handle bracket for the egg. Havn't been able to schedule in time to make the bends in the SS rod. So I hand bent what I had lying around. Here's the "prototype". Still need to find out what I need to finish the wood with.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 127
L O V E Hot Links....usually burn em on the grill and serve em up on quartered tortilla slices for a snack, never smoked em before....cant wait to see pics and try myself

Got a call and had to pull the links off the egg early. They did pick up some smoke though, but no pics. But I just threw a 8lb butt on the large egg for an over nighter. I'll only be able to get like 7 hours of sleep:cool:.

With that angle sure to bend the ends of that rod completly around when you put the finished ones on.In fact I wouls make them a bit longer.

With that angle sure to bend the ends of that rod completly around when you put the finished ones on.In fact I wouls make them a bit longer.

The round stock that will make the handle is about 3 times as thick as what is pictured. And will be wider than the wood handle. So it will be more of a 90 degree angle, and will be sort of "spring loaded" into the brackets.

I use teak oil that I get at HD to treat wood handles on my cookers and the walking sticks that I make. Multiple coats leave a nice glossy marine grade finish.

Cabot Australian Timber oil for the handle. :cool:

No pics of the linnks, so they didn't really exist. :biggrin:

Here's the links reheated.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 19
Back