Kettle Rotisserie Puerco Celestial - A Mexican Tribute to Pepper Stout Beef!

MisterChrister

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I LOVED the Pepper Stout Beef shown here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144798 and wanted to try it with pork butt (5#) and a Mexican twist. Here's what I came up with!

Some Valentina to make the spices stick (kosher salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, and chipotle powder).
mp1.jpg

The scene of the crime. The foil is draped over the rotisserie motor because it rained on and off all day.
mp2.jpg

A bank of unlit Grove lump on each side with some lit at each end. A few small chunks of mesquite.
mp3.jpg

3 hours at 325 +/- and it's ready to cut up and pan it.
DSCN3309.jpg

DSCN3310.jpg

Some onion, bell peppers, garlic, jalapeno, Modelo Especial beer, and Cuervo Gold tequila to put in the pan with the pork.
DSCN3307.jpg

DSCN3312.jpg

DSCN3313.jpg

90 minutes foiled at 325
DSCN3315.jpg

DSCN3317.jpg

Another hour unfoiled at 325
DSCN3317.jpg

VOILA!!
DSCN3321.jpg

Some corn tortillas in the #12 Griswold
DSCN3325.jpg

Time to pig out!!
DSCN3327.jpg

This was some of the best pork I've ever eaten, and I've consumed ALOT of Q'd pig over the years! The name "Puerco Celestial" means "Heavenly Pork". Thanks for lookin' at my cookin'!!:mrgreen:

Now what to do with the rest of the tequi...:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think we can figure out a use for it when you get a day off!! A dang honor to get the first post outta you sir, especially considering what a farking fine rack o' ribs you're known to make!!

Holy schmoly! Now that thar looks like some really good eatin', thanks for sharing that, may have to try that myself.

Back