Swai W/Dizzy Dust,butter,lemonj on a bed of limes

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
DSC_0001-138.jpg

While I was getting the Egg ready my wife Jackie was in the kitchen prepping the fish, to my surprise she put Dizzy Dust on them along with butter and lemon juice a big departure from her usual Cajun spice's.

DSC_0004-108.jpg

DSC_0005-93.jpg

On the grill direct @350* for 5-min. a side on a bed of limes
DSC_0008-71.jpg

Served with steamed broccoli, the Dizzy Dust gave the Swai a remarkable flavor

Thanks for looking

Ross

Ross, is there anything that you and Jackie don't cook well? Looks great!!!!!!!!!!

Darn it, Ross! You keep cooking fish on a bed of limes and it sounds sooo good! i really have to try it soon.

I don't think I have ever seen Swai around here. What fish would you compare it to?

I don't think I have ever seen Swai around here. What fish would you compare it to?

Food source

Swai fillet as sold in the United States (top and bottom)

P. hypophthalmus is an important food fish and is farmed extensively in many parts of the world. It is one of the most important aquaculture species in Thailand[3] and Vietnam. Along with other farm-raised shark catfishes, it has caused much debate within the U.S., with legislation passed recently to prevent its imports from cutting into American farmed catfish sales. Prohibited to be labelled as "catfish" in the U.S., P. hypophthalmus is now labelled as "swai" (its Thai name[citation needed]), "sutchi catfish", or "striped catfish". In Vietnam, this fish is known as "tra".[4] In Mexico, Grupo Piscimex markets this fish with the registered trademark "Barbero," under the brand name "Pescados y Mariscos Sierra Madre." Other than indicating the Latin name of the species on the back and that it was farm raised in Vietnam, they make no mention of its more common names.
This fish is sometimes sold as the superior "basa". Compared to the basa, this fish is thought to be inferior, as its meat is coarser and comes in thinner. Despite this, swai is still common as it is much cheaper to maintain, easier to breed, and is also a faster-growing species. It is said that 90% of fish sold as basa is actually swai.[4]

Ross, it looks fantastic! Love these fish dishes you are preparing. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for posting!

Food source

Swai fillet as sold in the United States (top and bottom)

P. hypophthalmus is an important food fish and is farmed extensively in many parts of the world. It is one of the most important aquaculture species in Thailand[3] and Vietnam. Along with other farm-raised shark catfishes, it has caused much debate within the U.S., with legislation passed recently to prevent its imports from cutting into American farmed catfish sales. Prohibited to be labelled as "catfish" in the U.S., P. hypophthalmus is now labelled as "swai" (its Thai name[citation needed]), "sutchi catfish", or "striped catfish". In Vietnam, this fish is known as "tra".[4] In Mexico, Grupo Piscimex markets this fish with the registered trademark "Barbero," under the brand name "Pescados y Mariscos Sierra Madre." Other than indicating the Latin name of the species on the back and that it was farm raised in Vietnam, they make no mention of its more common names.
This fish is sometimes sold as the superior "basa". Compared to the basa, this fish is thought to be inferior, as its meat is coarser and comes in thinner. Despite this, swai is still common as it is much cheaper to maintain, easier to breed, and is also a faster-growing species. It is said that 90% of fish sold as basa is actually swai.[4]

Thank you, professor Willkat! I didn't know that you were an ichthyologist!

Back