I Got an A$$hole Neighbor

I think we have all had a neighbor like that at least once in our lives...
Whatever you do, don't confuse him with facts. His mind is made up...

THAT SAID...

I don't know how I rate this, but I'm living in a very BBQ Friendly neighborhood. 6 of 9 of my closest neighbors BBQ frequently.
The other folks seem to get BBQ given to them frequently.

Our little Creek Side neighborhood is a little piece of Heaven.:clap2:

I found out that the A$$hole did file a complaint with the homeowners association. They did not contact me but I heard they dismissed the complaint in that they cannot regulate what people do in their backyard. So day I give my neighbor smoke!

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 398
While I kind of got a chuckle from the whole deal, I feel bad for both of you. It's clear that this guy has some kind of condition. People don't just do that. Whether he's got OCD, or accute anxiety disorder, or what, people don't just act like that. The guy has an issue or two...or three. That said, it doesn't give him any space to be a complete pain in your butt and tell you to give up a lifelong hobby. He needs to make an effort to accommodate you as well. Personally I would lose my mind if I lived next to someone like that. If my neighbor was always badgering me about my smokers it would drive my anxiety through the roof and just make it a miserable experience for me, even if I didn't care about their issues. It's probably a good thing you are ex LEO. I imagine you've gotten used to dealing with people like this and have a thicker skin for it.

That camera deal though...uh, creepy...:wacko:

Maybe you should consider some background music when smoking?

This reminds me of a great story from comedian John Mulaney when he plays Tom Jones' "What's New Pussycat" on a diner's jukebox system 21 times in a row.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw7Gryt-rcc

Did $20 worth if Ricky Martins Vida Loca at a Dennys once. After the 3rd repeat they pulled the plug on the jukebox.

I think we have all had a neighbor like that at least once in our lives...
Whatever you do, don't confuse him with facts. His mind is made up...

THAT SAID...

I don't know how I rate this, but I'm living in a very BBQ Friendly neighborhood. 6 of 9 of my closest neighbors BBQ frequently.
The other folks seem to get BBQ given to them frequently.

Our little Creek Side neighborhood is a little piece of Heaven.:clap2:

For stick burners, I think that describes most of ALABAMA! Even in 'fancy' Huntsville housing editions, the number of trailer smokers I saw in driveways and open garage doors was ASTOUNDING!

Back