• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS cheese smoker

Theboz1419

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well it ain't pretty but it works great.. Today was a cold day 44 degrees and thought it would be good day to smoke some cheese. I took a storage container cut a hole in it for the 4inch dryer pipe and the drilled some holes on the opposite side, for exhuast. Used alum. tape to secure the pipe to the UDS.

ngbm8g.jpg

a little messy, lol.

jtw1h4.jpg

After a good cleaning of the storage container(was outside since last winter, lol) I put some Habanero jack, Monterey jack, Swiss, and some cheddar.

I should have some nice smoked cheese in a couple hours, to bad I have to wait another 2 or 3 weeks to try some.:cry:

Very nice. I smoke cheese in my UDS as well but I just use wood chips in a tin can with a soldering iron. Granted, that does produce a little heat coming up so it has to be fairly chilly out. Does your setup affect the temp in the drum at all?

Very nice. I smoke cheese in my UDS as well but I just use wood chips in a tin can with a soldering iron. Granted, that does produce a little heat coming up so it has to be fairly chilly out. Does your setup affect the temp in the drum at all?

I just open the valve all the way. So the UDS is 250 or hotter. The container did not get hot at all the pipe was cold at the inlet to the plastic container.

I have yet to try the soldering iron in can smoker. Atleast this way I don't need to refill the can and I can cold smoke for as long as much as my basket can hold charcoal, which is about 40 hours. I think im going to do some Bacon in the near future and see how it works.

Back