• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chris from Scranton, KS

vchris314

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Hello All!

I am a rank amateur pit master in Scranton KS. My equipment is a Char-griller Pro with the side firebox and many modifications. I recently received for father's day a new Maverick ET-733 wireless thermometer. I have also used a cheap UDS from Lowe's with good results - although I didn't like what I had to go through to put more charcoal in the thing.

My successes have been great, and so have been my failures. But I am learning from each one! For instance, I recently learned that a rack of ribs should not stay on the smoker for the same time as a five pound brisket. :doh:

I am happy to have found this forum because I get to learn at the grate from some great comrades in smocks.

Here are some smoked turkey breasts I did earlier this year:
smoked turkey breasts.jpg

My current BBQ projects are:
- Make the perfect expanded steel box (or two) that fits the side fire box. On this site I have seen posts mentioning that 12"x12"x6" is about what can fit.
- Modifying the firebox to securely hold the above expanded steel boxes. My current steel supports are not very supportive any more.
- Improve on my rub making skills. I have one rub that everyone seems to like, and it seems to go well with whatever I put it on. I would like to come up with a few more.
- Seal it up with some Green Egg felt tape so that precious smoke is not wasted.

Welcome to the forum! Those are some great looking turkey breasts!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back