BBQRace.com

Heath how do you get contests not yours out of the database? Combine where a team is spelled 3 to 4 different ways?

Go to this page http://bbqrace.com/contact/ and let us know what contests aren't yours in your database.

Go to the same page and let us know the different spellings of your team name that are in the database that need to be merged and let us know what the master name should be that we merge the other spellings under.

Hi Heath. What a great reference to see how the teams are doing. I tried to merge two teams and got an integrety error. Just FYI

Keep up the hard work.

What are the names that need to be merged? Let me know the master name you want the other name(s) merged under and I'll get it in the system.

Thanks for the heads up. Still working out some bugs.

:clap2:Fantastic site Heath. I know you have the weekly results and you can see how you did that week against everyone else, but can you go back to a set date and see how you did against everyone then or does it only apply to the past week. The reason I ask is that we are included on the rankings because we have competed in 3 U.S. comps this year, even though we are U.K. based but it would be nice to see how we compared with the rest of the U.S. in the particular weeks that we competed. Thanks again for a great site.

Hi - right now we only have the current week up. I'll add archiving past weeks to the list of things we are considering as we expand the offerings of the site! Thanks for the idea.

I told them about the exception their merge request form was throwing weeks ago. Also requested a merge via email at the same time and was told it would be done right away, but we're still listed under four different spellings. Confirmed with KCBS they have our scores tracked correctly under the same team number so it has to do with how this site is collecting their data.

Nice concept, but I think this resorce is more accurately described as being a beta release. Could be useful when the bugs are worked out.

What are the team names that need to be merged? We are doing the best we can to get everything merged this year to have everything in place for next season. As I've already mentioned we know there are still bugs to fix and that is what we are working on clearing up over the next 3 months so we have a clean start when 2013 arrives.

tried to merge our team also,got error,,windsor mo ,end of aug missing from ours nice site,great job:thumb:

Your two names 4 Smokin Butts and Four Smokin Butts are in the merge file now. Once we do a merge update they should be merged. Let me know in a couple days if it looks like you are still missing comps.

Idea:

Something I was planning to do but since your site is live, I have no need for it anymore.

Automate a process to scrap the data from their events section than when members find invalid team names they can contact KCBS to have it corrected and then initiate a refresh on the bbqrace.com side which would eliminate all of the merging issues you are having.

Idea:

Something I was planning to do but since your site is live, I have no need for it anymore.

Automate a process to scrap the data from their events section than when members find invalid team names they can contact KCBS to have it corrected and then initiate a refresh on the bbqrace.com side which would eliminate all of the merging issues you are having.

I was thinking the same thing. A few days ago, I actually pulled the data from a comp off of the kcbs site into Excel using the Get Data From Web import functionality just to see what it would look like. Not sure where they get their data from or what database platform they are using. If it is SQL Server then I'm sure they could source the KCBS URLs with SSIS to Extract Transform and Load the data into their database in an automated fashion and on a regular schedule.

3) a comparison feature (caompare your scores to 1,2,3, teams, etc)? This is just fluff but trying to think of ways to make the site even more interesting. I know there are a few teams that we regularly compete against and you always want to see how you stack up against them.

That would be interesting. I requested the ability to sort so those of use that don't do 10+ contests a year can see how we stack up against our peers. I'd love to see how we rate against teams that compete the same number of contests.

An additional thought is make it easy to see the total number of teams. Say 782 out of 6387 or whatever the case may be.

if you have any questions I know a guy with about 5 years worth of experience doing this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
What are the team names that need to be merged? We are doing the best we can to get everything merged this year to have everything in place for next season. As I've already mentioned we know there are still bugs to fix and that is what we are working on clearing up over the next 3 months so we have a clean start when 2013 arrives.

JOHNNY MITCHELL SMOKEHOU
JOHNNY MITCHELL'S SMOKEH
JOHNNYMITCHELLSSMOKEHOUS
JOHNNYMITCHEL'SSMOKEHOUS

The correct team name is "Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse" but it is too long for the old KCBS scoring program.

-GF

Master nteam name is Hug Hogs

Merge Hug Hogs BBQ Team with master.

Thank you:clap2:

What are the names that need to be merged? Let me know the master name you want the other name(s) merged under and I'll get it in the system.

Thanks for the heads up. Still working out some bugs.

Sent a message in a while back about the Polar Bear Challenge and you guys said you would get it fixed. Any chance of you guys getting on this problem? It shows that I have three overall scores from the contest, no chicken score, and no rib score. The pork and brisket score are okay. Looking at the results, this happen to all the teams - there are no chicken or rib results.

I'm a little disappointed that not all the contests were updated this past week. It really skewed the results. (Weekly results, TOY, etc.) After all, current #1 3 Eyz is listed as hanging on to the top spot by a minimal margin of 30 pts. However, they took GC this past weekend for one of the two contests that never got updated.

Poor showing in the week that you "went into production" and rolled this out. It's only as good as the data it reports. If the data is missing or inaccurate, then the users will discount the content and move on.

I really like the website and hope it succeeds but now is not the time to let issues linger for a day or two or 6.

Thanks so much for the effort in compiling the numbers.

I have always wondered why KCBS does not use team numbers instead of names for compilation of scores etc...

That would eliminate the spelling and grammar errors that seem to comprise most of the redundancy with team names.
Apostrophes, commas, hyphens, and periods seem to be the bane of the system.

Just a thought.

I'm a little disappointed that not all the contests were updated this past week. It really skewed the results. (Weekly results, TOY, etc.) After all, current #1 3 Eyz is listed as hanging on to the top spot by a minimal margin of 30 pts. However, they took GC this past weekend for one of the two contests that never got updated.

Poor showing in the week that you "went into production" and rolled this out. It's only as good as the data it reports. If the data is missing or inaccurate, then the users will discount the content and move on.

I really like the website and hope it succeeds but now is not the time to let issues linger for a day or two or 6.

lol.

Back