• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kosmo's / Butcher's Injection

A

AginAustin

For our next competition, we were thinking about trying an injected brisket. We were thinking about just trying something "homemade" but I was curious what kind of flavors the Kosmo's and Butcher's injections add. We don't want to use anything that may be sweet. I was curious to see what the pro's had to say about the flavors of the injections.

Thanks in advance!

I've ordered both. Kosmos' came in. Still awaiting Butchers'. We're needing to do
a few run-throughs with chicken, so I'll do a few briskets for fun side-to-side and
see which one we like better. Something tells me we're going to have a tough
time deciding which one is better (from what I've read).

Yeah, from what I've read here, both are fantastic. I've been really curious what kind of flavors each adds to the meat. I've learned a ton from the people on this board, and we've completely changed the way we season/cook our ribs based on a lot of the products I learned about here. I guess the next step is to see what we can do to our brisket...

I haven't used Kosmo's. Butcher's product arrives as a powder. You can mix it with water, or any other liquid. The biggest difference in taste will come from what you mix it with.

I haven't used Kosmo's. Butcher's product arrives as a powder. You can mix it with water, or any other liquid. The biggest difference in taste will come from what you mix it with.

What kind of taste difference between the two with just water is there and if you have tried the beef and pork can you taste a difference.
Dave

What kind of taste difference between the two with just water is there and if you have tried the beef and pork can you taste a difference.
Dave

As I said, I haven't tried Kosmo's injection. With the liquids I'm using with Butcher's product I can taste a difference, as well as notice a difference in tendnerness etc... What ANYONE chooses to mix it with is up to them and will help determine the ultimate flavor. I'd encourage folks that are curious to give it a try, no matter which product they choose to try. If I could find more time to cook I'd be trying a lot of stuff. As it is, I've found something that I'm VERY happy with.

Back