And King and Fatty Mac? Got me writing those down too.

Gore! I thought the squirrel looked more like the Green Hornet, not a racoon. Eh? Have you equaled my chicken salad with your peanut butter?:becky:

Great entries so far. Thanks for the mouth watering shots so far!!!

Lot's of great entries. I guess I need a more intimidating squirrel.

The Varmint shall see it's challenge today when last nights dinner is thrown down

:boxing:

That varmint has been ready and waiting! :tsk:

You can't tease us like that :mad2:

Sorry, I was wondering who might've caught that one. I'm hoping to persuade Chris to post these on Thursday evenings so that we have a night to think about them before we go shopping on Friday and cook on the first weekend. He did this for "fried" and I liked it. I'll give you a hint -- no, it's not a haggis throwdown: you could submit haggis, but if you live in Scotland it would probably be disqualified.

Gore! I thought the squirrel looked more like the Green Hornet, not a racoon. Eh? Have you equaled my chicken salad with your peanut butter?:becky:

Guerry, was it that obvious what I was going for? I thought I disguised it pretty well, but I think there's just no equaling your chicken salad. :becky: Are you going to submit potato salad sandwiches this go-round?

We missed you last week. Alan could've used your help. Team Husbands hasn't been faring too well against Team Wives.

I'm hoping to persuade Chris to post these on Thursday evenings so that we have a night to think about them before we go shopping on Friday and cook on the first weekend. He did this for "fried" and I liked it. I'll give you a hint -- no, it's not a haggis throwdown: you could submit haggis, but if you live in Scotland it would probably be disqualified.
Great idea, I'll go post it now!

My Root Entry

Oh what a time I had with this one. As usual I decided to just wing it. And use as many roots that I could find.

There is no name for this but Bingo absolutely loved it, Penny too. :clap2::clap2:

And they would tell me if they didn't like it.:laugh:

First, most of the stuff. Beets, Onions, (two kinds), Chicken Qtrs. Carrots, Potatoes, well you get the idea.

Ingrediants.jpg

I rubbed the bird with my own recipe and then scored the onions like a wagon wheel, added some Yardbird and butter. Wrapped them in foil. Put the rest of the roots in a pan with some Olive Oil.

The-rest.jpg

Then on to the Bandera. The Chicken was done first so I took it off and pulled it. Then added just a little Sweet Baby Ray's to keep it moist.

Chicken-off.jpg

Then the Onions and Garlic. Garlic will be used as a spread for something else. But I think its a root.

Onions-off.jpg

When the Beets were done, I peeled and sliced them. Added Yardbird and then grilled them with some butter. Yummy.

GrillinBeats.jpg

This was all put on a platter with a bed of spinach greens, with the pulled chicken in the middle, the grilled onions on the chicken and the carrots, beets and taters around the outside.

Chris, please use this photo.

Money-Shot.jpg

By this time, Sharon was just walking through the door. Honey, what smells so good in here. Then she saw the plate. Wow, you do have an entry for the throwdown.:-D

I served it up, and I have to say that this was one of my better creations!:thumb:

Plated.jpg

Beets and onions are now among Bingo's favorites, Penny just eats whatever Bingo does so she is not left out.

Good luck to everyone!

NASCAR Rotisserie-Grilled Potato Salad

For this week’s entry, I went with a tasty rotisserie grilled potato salad. I did this in the infield at the NASCAR race in Charlotte. As my pictures turned out pretty mediocre this time around, you may need to read the ingredients to understand how good this one tastes.

IMG_5092.JPG

Core ingredients: red potatoes, Vidalia onions and of course… bacon.

IMG_5083.JPG

After pre-cooking the potatoes, all the ingredients are combined with the following dry rub: garlic powder, paprika, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. Everything goes into Spitmate rotisserie basket and then off to the fire. I was using my main fire pit for sirloin tip and beef ribs, so I did the potato salad over my FireTrough using coals from the fire pit.
IMG_5086.JPG

Once done, the mixture is combined with mayo, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire.

This will be my entry picture:
IMG_5117.JPG

--Jonny Rotisserie

That looks great Jonny. You staying for the Coca-Cola?

This is our spin on a venerable root vegetable...Delicious French Onion Soup. Prepared with garlic confit, toasted croutons, melted Gruyere cheese served in grilled onion bowls. Please use last pic.

P1010001-2-1-1.jpg

Getting ready:
prep-1.jpg

Sauteed Onions
onions-1.jpg

onion-1.jpg

Last edited:
Way to go SS! You're definitly kickin' it up a few notches with the soup in the onion bowls. Very nice! Looks mighty tasty:thumb:

Hey look, another squirrel!:cool: Darn things breed like rabbits.

There I was sold on bacon wrapped spuds, suddenly there it is Creamy Onion Soup in a grilled onion bowl. Be still my beating heart.... This is going to be tough.

Ooooo, nice squirrel. I think Ninja is getting excited :shocked:

Back