What meal do you hate to cook?

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What meal do you hate to cook, but end up having to because people request it? Wifey's birthday was yesterday and she requested my chicken tenders. HATE making this meal. Costs more than its worth due to oil for frying and the almonds for the crust. That and we don't have a dedicated fryer so it requires constant temp maintenance. Soaking in buttermilk/spices, dredging in chopped almonds/pretzels, checking for the magical brown coloring, making honey mustard, making ranch, using up my good bbq sauce, and cleanup. Not to mention yuck hand from the dredging process. What's your most hated favorite meal?

Start making your tenders a lot less complex.. she won't request them as much :crazy: LOL i joke.. i for one am not particularly fond of smoking Salmon.. it makes my whole pit fishy.. and i don't care to much for seafood myself.. but i do it for my moms.. everytime she sees my firing up the pit.. she goes and buys a big piece of salmon.. at least i am smoking.. though.. so i can't complain to much.

I hate frying anything. The whole house stinks for days. Not to mention the mess it makes and the disposing of the oil. It's just a major waste of time and money in my opinion.

My chicken soup. My parents love it but I've hated chicken soup since I've been a kid. I usually end up making a burger for myself on those nights or order take out.

Was asked to make it once on a day off and have been making it ever since. Maybe its that 45 year old cast iron stew pot I cook it in....

Really hate it because it becomes a day long process.

Making pizza is starting to wear on me. It used to be an every Friday night thing, but we've slacked off a bit lately and the kids are NOT happy about it.

Since I make the dough from scratch every time there's the flour mess all over, the rise, more flour to roll out, and then there's slicing veg, sauce, cheese, bake....:blah:

The pie's only take about 7 or 8 minutes to actually cook, but it's a 2 hour deal it seems. Plus, we make several each time too.

It's become a real PIA. WHY did we stop just cooking frozen pizzas again? :loco:

I really don't hate cooking anything. There are some things, like frying, that I would rather not do, but I don't hate it.

my least favorite thing to do is frying due to the grease and cleanup.

+1 for frying. My mother inlaw got me a presto fry granpappy for Xmas last year, so u do it outside now and it doesn't bother me at all. Especially if I want a really good CFS, I gotta do it. When your done and the grease cools, put the lid back on it till next time. Crisco butter flavored shortening all the way baby!!

Indoors! Don't really "hate" it but I'm a lot happier on a grill or smoker.

All my friends constantly bug me for Lumpia (filipino egg rolls) I hate making them because you have to make the filling and then let it cool. Then you have to separate the wrappers. Then you have to handroll each lumpia.

Frying.....that said, can I have your chicken tenders recipe? It sounds interesting!

Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders
foodnetwork.com

Servings: --
Prep Time: 30 min (Lies!)
Cook Time: 15 min (Lies!)
Calories: --

Ingredients
3 pounds Chicken Tenders
2 cups Buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dried Basil
2 tablespoons Dried Oregano
2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
3/4 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
3/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 1/2 cup Smoked Almonds
12 Pretzels
Canola Oil (for frying)

Directions
1. In a small bowl, combine basil, oregano, granulated garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Place buttermilk and half the spice mix into a double-lined resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and massage bag until well coated. Refrigerate 6 to 12 hours. Reserve remaining spice mix.

2. Place almonds in plastic bag. Break up with rolling pin or mallet (flat side) until mixture looks part rough chopped part crumbs. Remove almonds and place into shallow bowl. Put pretzels in same bag and mash with mallet or rolling pin until it looks like a mixture of large breadcrumbs and powder. Add to almonds mix to combine.

3. In a large fry pan, pour canola oil until it measures about 1 1/2 -inches high in pan. Heat over high, until oil is hot, but not smoking, temperature, 350 degrees.

4. Remove tenders from buttermilk and dredge in almond-pretzel mixture, pressing mixture into the tenders. Gently add tenders, in batches, to the oil. Be sure not to over crowd the pan. Fry tenders until they are dark golden brown, being careful not to burn, about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and drain on a cookie sheet lined with a wire rack. Serve immediately with Spicy Honey Dijon Sauce or keep warm in a 200 degree F oven.

I used to dislike breading fried chicken although I like to hear it sizzling in the cast iron pan and love eating it. Now I use nitrile gloves when breading and it is no longer an issue.

Like Ron, I can't think of anything I actually hate to cook.

I do all of my frying outside, too. Keeps the smell and the grease out of the house, and gives my neighbors another reason to think I am nuts.

I hate cooking rice - not the "minute in a bag" rice, but the real stuff. Its burnt or underdone almost every time. So, I let my wife make it now. There isn't much I "let" her cook.

Chicken paprikash.I usually make a double batch of dumplings and it takes forever to drop them by hand.I wish I had my moms old hand crank dumpling maker.

I would have to go with chicken parm. I pound out the chicken and bread em myself. That in itself makes a mess, then the frying. Which of course has to be done in a pan, no fry daddy for that operation. I dislike the grease smell. And if I am feeling real fishy I roll out my own pasta. Again, messy...

Back