Curley Leaf Parsely Garnish

Porky Joes

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I will be competing for the first time next month. I think curly leaf parsley would be a good choice but am unsure how much to buy since there are two different dishes that I will be turning in.

I usually buy 10 to 12 bunches for 4 turn in boxes, depending on the quality of the parsley. I always have leftovers, but I like to make absolutely sure I have enough to select only healthy dark green leaves for the putting green.

If you want a "putting green" look, it will depend on the size of parsley bunches. For 4 boxes I want 15 bunches, unless they really big and good.

I buy Organic parsley from my local grocer on Friday morning before a comp. Depending if we are doing side categories or not, I get 2 heads of green leaf lettuce and 9 bunches of parsley.
At the last comp I made 4 boxes and used less than 3 bunches of parsley! Its not everyday that I get overly excited about making putting greens, but if I could get parsley like that every time, I'd be stoked! I make mine ahead of time and transfer when we get boxes at the cooks meeting.

We get a bag of parsley from RD and 2-3 heads of romaine. Not sure how many bunches are in the bag, but it's way more than enough.

Back