Rubs and Sauces

mbowker641

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Who can recommend a source for rubs and sauces? Or better yet, some specific ones to try. I'm looking for someplace with variety and a decent selection. Most of the places I've come across only have 2-3 to choose from and the rubs usually are $12-13 for a small container. I can go to Macy's beleive it or not and pay that much.

Where do you MI brethren get yours?

check on line. there are several guys here on the website that also sell their own sauces and rubs. Spicewines has some really great sauces and rubs, plowboy is a distributor for blues hog which are all excellent. jpw has his own line of sauces (which i need to order and try). might be a handfull of others that i might not know of. here is a website that has alot of different rubs and sauces from all over.. www.hawgeyesbbq.com/ hope this helps a little

Plowboy has also recently decided to get his own rubs out there for us to taste....Check it out on the For Sale threads.....There should be plenty of rubs and sauces roadmapped to get you going for a long time

The links are great, but now I'm suffering from overload. Where do I start? The family prefers not much spice, and maybe a little towards sweet. Can you help me narrow the selection a bit?

The Lynch BBQ Sweet Rub would be a good choice. Very versitale rub.

mbowker641 said:
The links are great, but now I'm suffering from overload. Where do I start? The family prefers not much spice, and maybe a little towards sweet. Can you help me narrow the selection a bit?

I make some that is more on the sweet side......I do have some that is really hot if you're feelin' froggy:biggrin:

spicewine's sweet heat rocks, my parents are the same way and they absolutley love the SweetHeat. blues hog is another good one.. with not much hotness. it was real sweet, actually tried it for the first time today one some ribs.

check on line. there are several guys here on the website that also sell their own sauces and rubs. Spicewines has some really great sauces and rubs, plowboy is a distributor for blues hog which are all excellent. jpw has his own line of sauces (which i need to order and try). might be a handfull of others that i might not know of. here is a website that has alot of different rubs and sauces from all over.. www.hawgeyesbbq.com/ hope this helps a little

I just received my order on Friday from Hawg Eyes BBQ:

1. Blues Hog Sauce
2. Blues Hog Rub
3. Head Country Sauce

Didn't get a chance to try either over the weekend. My wife wanted to smoke some salmon. I plan to smoke a butt this weekend and try them out.

Another good source is America's Best BBQ, which has a good blend of Memphis, Kansas City and Texas sauces and rubs. Also, I like The Carolina Sauce Company.

On my short list of sauces and rubs that I plan to try are the following:

1. Iron Works BBQ
2. Dancing Pigs
3. Gates BBQ

Most of the commercial rubs I have tried (and I admit I havne't tried that many) are waaaaay too salty for mine and especially the OL's taste. Can you guys recommend a good commercial rub that doesn't have a lot of salt in it?

Same thing for sauce... I am borderline diabetic, so I have to watch sugar intake... what's a good commercial sauce that might be low on sugar.

Thanks

B

Blutch said:
Most of the commercial rubs I have tried (and I admit I havne't tried that many) are waaaaay too salty for mine and especially the OL's taste. Can you guys recommend a good commercial rub that doesn't have a lot of salt in it?

Same thing for sauce... I am borderline diabetic, so I have to watch sugar intake... what's a good commercial sauce that might be low on sugar.

Thanks

B

http://www.grubrub.com/

Above is like a soar dick can't be beat and no salty taste either. IMO

The Slabs Kyle Style rub and sauce.
The rub is not overly salty. The sauce is on the sweeter side.

Blutch said:

Thanks

B
Give what your diet is, I would reccomend that you make your own rubs and sauce. It really is not hard to do.

Blutch said:

Thanks

B

That counts me out and I would not want anyone to risk their health eating something that they should not have. Does anyone know of any diet sauces?

Spicewine, Blues Hog, Head Country and Dizzy Pig are my favorites. Some of the brothers are distributors for the above products.

Sawdustguy said:
Spicewine, Blues Hog, Head Country and Dizzy Pig are my favorites. Some of the brothers are distributors for the above products.

Does anyone here carry the Dizzy Pig products? Spicewine and DP are on my list to try.

Back