My Reverse Flow Gun Safe Smoker

Thanks for the extra build pics - this is an awsome build with some really neat ideas. I really like that "torpedo tube" firebox door and I'm especially interested in your RF baffel with drain trough and drain pipe. I'm planning a restoration/rebuild of my hybrid to make it a committed RF and will probably rip off this idea. Did you slope the baffel towards the angle iron trough?

Being an old gun safe I'm guessing it is lined with fireproof brick which holds the heat. Great Idea.

Thanks for the extra build pics - this is an awsome build with some really neat ideas. I really like that "torpedo tube" firebox door and I'm especially interested in your RF baffel with drain trough and drain pipe. I'm planning a restoration/rebuild of my hybrid to make it a committed RF and will probably rip off this idea. Did you slope the baffel towards the angle iron trough?

Yes the plate slopes with maybe a 1" decline, we also use one solid plate, cut the drain slot flexed the plate slightly so it would drain towards the middle and welded the angle iron solid to help hold the bow.

I thought the torpedo hatch would be cool and so did my boss until he had to create the custom hinge. But it works great for adding additional wood. We left the original grill door on the cylinder, this allows me to really build a good fire with easy access to get it rolling.

I've got a few pics of the plate I will load later...

Being an old gun safe I'm guessing it is lined with fireproof brick which holds the heat. Great Idea.

Actually we got these safes as various forms of scrap, so no liner in this one. I had thought about using a second safe as a firebox and making it a vertical smoker, but this idea just sounded cool to try..

Actually we got these safes as various forms of scrap, so no liner in this one. I had thought about using a second safe as a firebox and making it a vertical smoker, but this idea just sounded cool to try..

Liner or no liner, still a nice product you have assembled there! Thanks for sharing.:clap:

So here are the pics of the RF plate you can see the bow in it so it drains toward the middle. In one of these you can see the damper control for the main flow into the chamber. They can be shut down completely so I can start the cook close it off and trailer without worry of ash etc.. getting into the chamber. Also a pic of the stack controls.

Attachments

• IMG_2608.jpg
    IMG_2608.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2613.jpg
    IMG_2613.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2638.jpg
    IMG_2638.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2616.jpg
    IMG_2616.jpg