Thread: Here we go!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Well,

Our first event was a resounding success!

We sold out both Friday and Saturday and sold more than we expected to! We also held our own competing while vending at the same time.
(we got 4th place chicken, 10th place pork and ended up 8th overall out of 30 teams)

We sold pulled pork, brisket, spares and rib tips as meat only entrees or as a platter with a choice of 2 sides (slaw, beans or chips). We also had MOINK ball skewers for sale on Friday night.

Friday and Saturday, we cooked and sold a total of 4 big briskets, 24 pork butts, 27 racks of spares, probably 40 racks of rib tips, 120 lbs of baked beans, 80 lbs of cole slaw, 100 bags of chips, 450 cans of pop, 72 bottles of draft style root beer and 180 bottles of water.

SOLD OUT!!!!

Couldn't have been happier, or more totally exhausted.

Jimmy and I got about 5 hours of sleep total each between Thursday and Friday nights.

We've already got 2 more vending gigs lined up for the 4th of July and Labor Day events and we picked up some more catering business this weekend from customers!
Thanks from: --->