Thanks, Moose, for teaching me how to properly cook tri-tip...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I got a chance to dine with Moose and his lovely bride last week. I told him I had never eaten a good tri-tip in all my travels to tri-tip country -- California.

So, Moose bought some prime beef, and I bought some good beer, and he taught me how to cook a righteous tri-tip, which we ate with some of the aforementioned beers.

Smoke.

picture.php

Sear.

picture.php

Slice.

picture.php

Eat. I have finally had good tri-tip -- no, awesome tri-tip. :thumb:

After dinner, his wife took a picture of us. Seems he comes from a a celebrity family, too. :becky:

picture.php

CD

Looks awesome. I had my local butcher order me one for tomorrow - will be my first TT.

Moose, pffft, like he knows anything about cooking tri-tip.

I am impressed that you two managed to cook such a nice looking one.

I am surprised that the huge head of Moose's just doesn't flop over with the skinny neck

We all owe Moose a big thank you for sharing his reverse sear methods with us:thumb:
That pice of meat looked like a real good one!
Glad to hear you had a good time guys!

I haven't had any decent tri-tip either. I think I need to make a trip to Moose's and get a personal lesson also. That looks amazing.

Awesome, love the picture of you two! Close up of the Tri-Tip has me drooling.

CD were the pictures taken with your camera or Moose? What are you using if you don't mind my asking?

Not to be inconsiderate or mean, but you guys both have big eyes. Just something unusual that caught my attention.

Nice tri-tip...hard to find around here.

Awesome, love the picture of you two! Close up of the Tri-Tip has me drooling.

CD were the pictures taken with your camera or Moose? What are you using if you don't mind my asking?

The pictures aren't great. It was pretty dark toward the end of the cook, and I was hand holding the camera.

I didn't have my Canon G12 with me. I would have used that. It has a flash. All I had with me was my Nikon D3.

CD

Back