• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

• Roasted/Smoked Garlic haul...

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I got a good amount of garlic the other day so I thought with the season for giving coming up I'd make some roasted garlic in EVOO to give away as gifts. Very easy to do:

Get yourself some garlic and peel the chit out of it. This probably took the wife & I about an hour. If you like garlic your house will smell great! If you don't... something's wrong with you! :crazy::heh:
81acdc38.jpg

275e6782.jpg

I seasoned it with kosher salt, black pepper, EVOO and threw in a couple scotch bonnet peppers for good measure :thumb:. It went on a hot almond smoke for about 1.5 hours stirring occasionally:
e26436d8.jpg

80e83cd9.jpg

Then jar them up & top up with a good EVOO. And there you have AMAZING roasted garlic ready to go whenever you need it.
8b1939d0.jpg

Easy... Thanks for looking.
Cheers

Man I love garlic and that is awesome way to go

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

nice, can never have enough garlic

Amen!

That looks great! How long will it keep? Does it need refrigerating?

uh... never really lasts long enough to go bad so I'm not sure! I do sterilize the jars and after filling them fit the lid on snug and submerge in boiling water for about 20 - 30 mins to seal the jars.

:shock:

Now I know what to do.

Thank You!

Cheers!

Bill

You're most welcome Brother!

Gorgeous. But, come on -- tell us about the peppers you threw in there.

Good old scotch bonnet peppers! and I added some dried chillis to the jars before sealing for appearance and a bit more flavor.

Cheers

Oh mang, thanks for sharing! I just text the wife to buy all the garlic she can, we got a date night planned!

Awesome! So simple and has got to be so tasty. Thanks for the post Phrasty

notwithstanding the Al Borland looking dude.

Peeling garlic is a snap, or should I say a Thwack!

hit it with flat surface of knife, peel falls off.

But then it's partially crushed, the way he did it, it's still whole and intact...

Saw that on an episode of "Dinner Impossible" Chef Irvine showed a novice member in the kitchen how to do it. I've been ripping it off ever since...:thumb:

But then it's partially crushed, the way he did it, it's still whole and intact...

Saw that on an episode of "Dinner Impossible" Chef Irvine showed a novice member in the kitchen how to do it. I've been ripping it off ever since...:thumb:

True enough. :thumb:
Of course I never have needed a whole clove NOT crushed a little, but as in what Phrasty done crushed just wouldn't look quite as pretty. :tape:

That looks awesome!!
What temp are they roasted at and how long would that need to be stored to use as a garlic EVOO? thx

Back