***VOTE- BBQ Brethren "Whole Fish" Throwdown -VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Whole Fish" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Whole Fish"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 9/4.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]MRI_Guy[/size]
45993_426101286988_581721988_5056994_3826319_n.jpg

[size=+2]Chef Jim[/size]
Finished.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
attachment.php

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
DSC_0089_894.jpg

[size=+2]BBQ Grail[/size]
Trout-4.jpg

[size=+2]SmokeJumper[/size]
FINALFISHPLATTER.jpg

[size=+2]Jonny Rotisserie[/size]
IMG_0650.jpg

[size=+2]BlkJeep[/size]
DSC03239.jpg

[size=+2]Paulmark[/size]
Wholefishthrowdown08-29-10002.jpg

Great entries all, another tough vote. But there was something about that bacon weave that was oddly compelling... :clap2:

I was all set to vote for Jim's panko-encrusted entry and then Jeep threw a monkey-wrench into things, submitting a bacon-wrapped fish -- brilliant! Those two are absolutely fabulously delicious looking. They also were kind enough to take the pics so that the fish wasn't looking me in the eyes while I was thinking of eating it. I know you guys are going to tell me that the eyes are the tastiest part or that the teeth are crunchy, but I don't want to think about those things while I'm trying to enjoy my meal, and I don't like them giving me a raspberry while I'm eating either!

If you don't vote for me I am going to send you a whole bunch of fish heads with the eyes all lookin at you. :becky:

On second thought, I should not put ecode through something like that. Your off the hook.

If you don't vote for me I am going to send you a whole bunch of fish heads with the eyes all lookin at you. :becky:

On second thought, I should not put ecode through something like that. Your off the hook.

Awesome. Not voting for you now....
PMing my address.
On ice please.

Singing Fish head soup! Cock-a-hoop! Fish head soup! Cock-a-hoop!

This was a difficult vote for me. I had to eliminate by factors. Was the whole fish (yes, eyes and all) featured in the presentation? Did the entry sound and look appetizing? Was the photography up to snuff?
In the end I had to go with Rob. That was one exquisite entry.

Great entries guys, had to go with MRI_Guy, for the great assortment and fantastic looking Seafood..need beer now..

Just for the record, I did not actually succumb to Jim's wild threats, although I don't know if I'd like to meet him in a dark restaurant either, especially armed with Larry's fish. It just occurred to me that not only do these fish have heads and guts, but many of them also have BONES! Now it appears that Jim was smart enough to pick out one that didn't have bones, but I can see them in some of the other pictures and also see that Jeep's bacon-wrapped fish also has BONES. Now I can imagine that bacon does wonderful things to the fish, but picking fish bones out of my bacon is something I don't want to dream about tonight. Some of those fish heads are scary enough already. I'm sure glad the hatcheries around here only raise boneless, headless, skinless, gutless fish. I just love Genetic Engineers! Bless you all!

Oh, and Jim, please send all your future fish heads to Rob.

Just for the record, I did not actually succumb to Jim's wild threats, although I don't know if I'd like to meet him in a dark restaurant either, especially armed with Larry's fish. It just occurred to me that not only do these fish have heads and guts, but many of them also have BONES! Now it appears that Jim was smart enough to pick out one that didn't have bones, but I can see them in some of the other pictures and also see that Jeep's bacon-wrapped fish also has BONES. Now I can imagine that bacon does wonderful things to the fish, but picking fish bones out of my bacon is something I don't want to dream about tonight. Some of those fish heads are scary enough already. I'm sure glad the hatcheries around here only raise boneless, headless, skinless, gutless fish. I just love Genetic Engineers! Bless you all!

Nope, send 'em to me!:becky:

BUT SERIOUSLY GORE!!!! I for one am surprised. :tsk:

For one so named as yourself, I would have had no idea that a man capable of engineering Scrog, would have been remotely put off by a little fishy head, fishy eyes, and little fishy guts... :tsk:

On the contrary, I thought you'd haul out the knives :madgrin:, surgical devices of dubious design :madgrin::madgrin:, instuments of fishy torture...:madgrin::madgrin::madgrin: and have the time of your life creating some multi-headed, multi-eyed monstrous fishy calmity that you would then wrestle onto a whole hog cooker and slow bake to death while the thing was banging on the inside trying to get out!:shock:.

You would present this in COOKING WITH THE MASTER Episode ##. Ninja Squirrel and Smokey Al at your side, perhaps even a cameo from Scrog, perhaps dancing on top of the cooker as the montrosity inside fights to escape!:thumb:

Then, on the serving platter later.. the grotesque result, deliciously garnished for our viewing pleasure... a plate of guts and a bowl of slops on the side, and NINJA SQUIRREL expertly slicing the flesh from the bones in tiny... WAFFER... THIN... peices... to the delerious applause of all! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap.

Then loving smiles and hugs all round from your 2 beautiful, (but now short haired) little girls, as they look into the camera and say "Thanks Dad! That was the best meal we EVER had!!!":bow::bow::bow:

Awww shucks, now I'm shedding a tear!

So Gore... The road to recovery starts with the BACON TD. Now stand up Brudder and show us what you're made of!.. :boxing::boxing: THAT's THE STUFF!... by the end of the year, we'll have you butchering whole Marlin and bleeding your own pigs again... just like old times...:cool::cool:

I Love you Brudder... I know you can do it!:grouphug:

Cheers!

Bill

Your are very observant!!! These fish do have bones!! And as I said before, bacon wrapped or not, it was a PITA eating around them bones!!

Blue-You got my vote! Something about everything being simple? :thumb:

Gore, A wild threat? Why how could you have gotten that impression? :shock:

I will be sure to send my fish heads to Rob, but are you sure you don't want to reconsider?

I think that Bill's idea is quite good and if you decide to do an episode you will need props.:laugh::laugh:

Hey fellas....don't know why and I've tried to refresh and everything a few times, but I can't view MRI_Guy's photos, either the entry photo or his original thread.

Any idea?

Great entries all.....tuff one this time.:confused:

Nope, send 'em to me!:becky:

BUT SERIOUSLY GORE!!!! I for one am surprised. :tsk:

For one so named as yourself, I would have had no idea that a man capable of engineering Scrog, would have been remotely put off by a little fishy head, fishy eyes, and little fishy guts... :tsk:

[blah, blah, blah, blah]

Cheers!

Bill

So because of what my parents named me, I've got to like fish guts and fish eyeballs and such? By that logic, you should like to pay bills. I promise I will do my best to appreciate fish guts and I will be sure to send you all my bills and you can pay them for me. :becky: Thanks, Bro!

Jim, you can send Bill your fish heads. I think he'd be happy to pay your mortgage too if you send him the payment information.

So because of what my parents named me, I've got to like fish guts and fish eyeballs and such? By that logic, you should like to pay bills. I promise I will do my best to appreciate fish guts and I will be sure to send you all my bills and you can pay them for me. :becky: Thanks, Bro!

Jim, you can send Bill your fish heads. I think he'd be happy to pay your mortgage too if you send him the payment information.

Following your logic, I like to steal things from people. Hey, maybe the logic does work...

I've got a better idea. Get a bunch of fresh ducks and send the Bills to him to see what he can do with THOSE if it's a challenge he be making.

Back