modified my Bandera w/griddle

Bandera Griddle Mod. Hmmm, Good idea. Keep us posted and show some pron of the Griddle in action.

Well, I fired her up this weekend after several more mods. I cooked breakfast on the griddle for my girlfriend and I, bacon, potatos and eggs, while I was smoking some stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in bacon. I couldn't be happier with the results, I was able to get up to temperature easily and maintain it without any trouble at all. I played with the vents running the temp. up and down, total control while useing very little fuel. The temp. on the griddle was about 570 deg. average while keeping the smoke chamber at about 250. I could have run it lower, but I was just trying to brown my Stuffed Jalapenos. A very good first smoke test! I will have pictures to post on Monday. JB

griddle prOn!

OK, here are the pics from my first griddle cook, I couldn't help but smoke some bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, Yum!

Attachments

• Smoker 031.jpg
    Smoker 031.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 173
  • Smoker 042.jpg
    Smoker 042.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Smoker 052.jpg
    Smoker 052.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Smoker 058.jpg
    Smoker 058.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Smoker 062.jpg
    Smoker 062.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Smoker 067.jpg
    Smoker 067.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 171
  • Smoker 069.jpg
    Smoker 069.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Smoker 074.jpg
    Smoker 074.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 172
That is freaking bad arse!!! Great way to put the heat to use while you are smoking. Just an idea, BUT you could maybe even make some kind of modified wok or harrow disk to make discada or stirfry or shallow fry too. I need to hook up with you next time I'm in Burque Town! Very Nice. I'd hit that breakfast.

Bob

Bob, I'm thinking pizza! I'm going to add a 1/2" plate upper heat element into the lid for a quick pizza cook. JB

Awesome!!!! The BBQ Hibachi mod....Nice work, now work on your spatula twirling skills for the griddle and your all set.

are you trying to send me to the doghouse??? I just finished restoring my new Bandera and now my wife thinks I am crazy cus I want to change it already. I have to say that is one of the coolest mods I have ever seen and I respect your thinking outta the box :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great idea. I'll bet it would even help keep temps up when you're smoking. I put a piece of stainless steel in the lid to hold down heat loss but this looks like it would do even better.

Awesome mod!! I'm sure it helped with managing the heat in the smoke chamber even more, keeping it more concentrated in the fire box.

Did you have to make any adjustments to the lid hinges to accommodate the thickness of the griddle? (If I missed your explanation earlier, sorry...)

Could you post a pic from the back showing the hinges, etc.... also? Sorry, hit post bout the time I thought to ask...

Oh, it's night and day as far as temperature is concerned. I always had trouble maintaining any kind of temps. and now it's easy! As far as the hinges are concerned, I had to replace them, but the originals aren't very good anyhow. So, I replaced them with some ready made hinges of brass and steel (only 5 bucks a pair!) much better!
DSC05622.jpg

Back