View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #14
didisea
Take a breath!

Comp BBQ is not what you cook in a restaurant, or in your back yard. It is indeed a entirely different animal. Restaurant BBQ is meat that is held for a long time, is generally made with lesser grades of meat, and is made for the masses using little to no smoke and seasoning. Your backyard, restaurant, and comp BBQ all have their own devotees, and if you are not able to present anything aside from your interpretation of "true BBQ" the way you like it, then this game is not for you.

What you are missing is the other aspects of comp BBQ besides the meat. Its the BBQ family you will gain. Its travelling to places you've never been before. Its meeting some dam fine people from all across the country who share your same passion. Its the weekly challenge of yourself to do better than last week. Its attaining your own goals. It is more than just meat. I would rather be out on the road, having crazy adventures, eating Wagyu brisket slices, cooked all night by a brisket master (my partner) fresh off the cutting board, than being in my backyard or at a restaurant eating someone else's interpretation of "true BBQ."

Last edited by didisea; 02-09-2018 at 11:32 PM..
didisea is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->