• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

is oscar mayer pulled pork any good?

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
brad orrison owns 'the shed' bbq place in mississippi and has been on several bbq shows. here he is pimping oscar mayer pulled pork. i'd be willing to try it in a pinch if it's any good.

76360551-37B5-4CF7-BD75-D5588D8F6640-55449-000006DFCF043B8E.jpg

Costco has some ready made pulled pork that is pretty good when you have to make a work night meal.

I follow him on Twitter. 4 tweets about it in the last hour. Kind of annoying. I'm sure his getting a few bucks from the wiener makers.

he's probably getting a paycheck to say that. There's absolutely no way i'd buy oscar mayer pulled pork. Then again, if they paid me i might :laugh:

I could really tell a difference between Tyson and Hormel with Hormel being better. So there is a difference in brands. Not sure why. Maybe the age of the pig etc.

Have not tried any pulled Oscar tough. ;)

Judging by other OM products, its probably over priced junk with very little meat in the package. You pay more for the plastic than you do the actual meat inside it.

Last time I bought OM instead of going to the deli, the box of ham lasted all but 3 sandwiches, not to mention it was really watery.......That is no bueno.

well, it doesn't seem like this would be anything worth dropping coin on.

He's sure a busy man with that OM spam...I mean pulled pork. http://www.thedailymeal.com/oscar-mayer-rolls-out-pulled-pork

I'd try it once out of good humor but at like $6 for 11.5 oz of product I believe this is about on the same footing as fresh smoked pulled pork in a box from my local bbq place. I'll take quality fresh product every time over vac sealed stuff.

i just don't eat stuff like that when i can do it myself. thats why vac machines are your friend.

"I've been working with them lately"...and really enjoy the endorsement $. :roll:

sorry Brad, but IMO, any self respecting BBQ person would not be endorsing prepackaged anything.. whats next, dinty more corned beef hash or those precooked ribs next to the canned hams? theres gotta be $$ coming from that endorsement.

Not that the quality of Oscar Mayer pulled pork and the quality of The Shed's BBQ have anything to do with each other, but I have eaten at The Shed a couple times, and there is really nothing special about it at all, unless you are a fan of overcooked falling apart everything drowning in sauce that is so sweet that you could pour it on pancakes.

I suspect that Mr. Orrison knows this to be true, and is simply giving the masses what they think they like. Overcooked sweet BBQ.

If I had my own Q Joint, I would be inclined to do the same.

Back