Raffle of Prep 11 Plus Cusinart Food Processor to Benefit Dan Chambers

New total of donations made by the brethren for the Chambers family stands st $2190.... and counting. If any of our many new members are curious as to who Dan Chambers is, and what he and his family have been through in the last more than one year that he's been in the hospital, read the thread "Chambers" in the Discussion & Relection forum. I guarantee you'll look at your own problems through completely different eyes after you've read it. I know I have. :wink:

New total of donations made by the brethren for the Chambers family stands st $2190.... and counting. If any of our many new members are curious as to who Dan Chambers is, and what he and his family have been through in the last more than one year that he's been in the hospital, read the thread "Chambers" in the Discussion & Relection forum. I guarantee you'll look at your own problems through completely different eyes after you've read it. I know I have. :wink:

:shock:

:whoo::whoo::whoo:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

When pay day comes around I'll make sure I do my part to help out Chambers. One of the first threads I read on the site when i started lurking was about the hardships he has suffered and how the community had come together to help him through the tough times.

This community is amazing and takes care of its own and i want to do my part to help out.

New total of donations made by the brethren for the Chambers family stands st $2190.... and counting.

$2190 - Wow.

According to http://augustanaministerium.org/ the PT therapy is $200/day alone (plus a lot of other expenses). So, it looks like we're up to about 10 days of PT. :thumb:

Yesterday when I saw the amounts rolling in, I was thinking to myself that $2,000 was a good stretch goal. We'll everyone just blew that out of the water. :thumb: I think we can do even better. :-D According to the homepage, the Brethren has 4680 Active members. What say the new goal be $4680. That would average $1 per active user. What say you Brethren?

Second Raffle Prize Added By An Anonymous Donor

Great news!

We have an anonymous donor that wants to add a second prize to the raffle to drum up even more excitement, energy and spirit! We said "Yes" as loud as we could.

A "second prize" for the raffle is created -- a $100 gift certificate toward a BBQ Brethren member business of the 2nd prize winner's choice! Not only is our donor supporting Pr. Dan Chambers, our donor is supporting our own BBQ Brethren members' businesses. Way to go!

What a great chance to try our own Brethren's advertised rubs, sauces, equipment and more or to stock up on products you already love. Yahoo!!

Dan posted in the Chambers thread this morning at 4:47! And Wampus gave us another good update after that!

Yesterday

3:16 pm
So my main doctor apparently decided it's time I walk. He told my therapist to get me walking. So Greg, my therapist, showed up with a walker with hope of me standing. I'm in need of more leg strength first though

Just imagine, where Dan spent time just before this hospital they were resigned to thinking he might never walk again, and THIS HOSPITAL says, okay, time to start walking. What a perspective reframe!

Dinner bump. For those seeing this for the first time, here's a link to what we're up to.

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153784

The original post had several later posts added to it because more explantion was needed and then we announced the second raffle prize. We're collecting money to support our brethren member Dan Chambers who has been hospitalized over a year while going through an unbelievable and serious health crisis. He's finally in a good position to walk again and we are thrilled and rallying forces to support him.

This thread covers from December 29, 2011 to now. www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123136

GO DAN CHAMBERS!!

Just to let eveyone know, we will be ending the raffle early as we think everyone has seen the thread more than enough times at this point. We're waiting for a few folks who wanted to participate, but had to wait until pay day in order to do so. So if you'd like to get in on the raffle for either the food processor or the $100 gift certificate towards the purchase of your choice at a Brethren Business, please have your donation in by midnight on Sunday. Winners will be announced at noon on Monday, February 25th.

The grand total of donations collected thus far to be given to the Chambers family is $3,115!! The Brethren have really come through in their show of support for Dan Chambers. :clap2:

Back