View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
LT72884
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
I know what you mean. There's a different taste for me when I use the GOSM or the electric Lil' Chief compared to the UDS, Kettle, or WSM. There is also a big difference between the all wood taste that comes from when I use Dad's Bandera clone.
The fuel source has a lot to do with it as does the amount of smoke and especially the lack of the "grease flavored smoke" that can come from cooking on a UDS.
I don't think you've done anything wrong all along. Just did something different. Different is good.
You will get different results and flavors from coal, gas, electric, and wood. That's the beauty of having all them options at your disposal.
I'd say the real question is, will you stick to the cookshack or go back and forth and use the kettle and UDS as well.

Bob
Quote:
All seasoning the same ?
Yes all seasoning is the same. I made sure of it. I thought about that. or at least thought i did. hahaha

Well, yall know i dont like the "grease flavored smoke" so i added a clay dish to my uds and a drippan to the weber. Im thinking it might be fuel. I use 100% all natural lump or briquettes. I was told by someone that uses a BGE here(local store), that if you use RO or BGE lump, dont add any more wood to the mix because it might make it to smokey since the lump is already select hardwoods for bbq. So maybe adding apple to the equation with the already maple, hickory and oak, are boching things up a we bit. Since with electric cookers, they use 2oz of wood per 20 lbs of meat with out any lump or wood fuel. I do have to say that i liked the cookshacks food better this time around. I think im gonna try a pork butt with no extra wood chunks and with just a 4 spice rub. Im using a mix of RO, stubbs and rancher in the basket. haha. Thats what happens when your cooking grate falls haflway threw the cook. Drip pan took half my fire out..

thanx