Smoked Mac & Cheese with Chorizo

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This officially takes my Smoked Macaroni and Cheese to the next level...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25pTMFN6iJ8"]Smoked Macaroni & Cheese with Chorizo - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the recipe:

Smoked Macaroni & Cheese with Chorizo

Ingredients:

• 2 cups (uncooked volume) of elbow macaroni (cooked per instructions on box)
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 1/2 stick of melted butter
  • 1 cup diced chorizo
  • 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
  • 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
  • Grated parmesan cheese

Cook the macaroni per the instructions on the box. Drain. Add butter and mix with macaroni noodles. Add milk, eggs, chorizo, 2 1/2 to 3 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and mix well. Transfer to casserole dish. Top with remaining sharp cheddar cheese and sprinkle grated parmesan on top.

For oven:

Place in preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes. At the end of 30 minutes, raise the oven temp to 400° for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven, cool for 10 minutes, and serve.

For Grill:

Same instructions as oven, so make sure you know how to control the temps in your grill! Add some nice smoke wood during the cook! I used apple... awesome.

Umm. Just shows us all that there is more than one way to make a tasty meal.

:first:

Nice! You might enjoy a look at Alien's classic smoked mac'n'cheese recipe:
http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13998

I've made that one. KILLER!

I'll give yours a shot. To really round out the man-cave-ness I'd serve that with a nice chunk of Polish sausage.

seattlepitboss

I love having polish sausage with mac & cheese... great combination... Next time I do that I'll make this same recipe and leave the chorizo out...

You need to change allegiances from the Carolina Panthers to the GB Packers with all that cheese you like to use!

Good job!

Looks good JM :clap: don't got Green Bay Steelers all the way :)

pwa

This recipe, as with any, is open to interpretation with a ton of fantastic options... give it a try!

Back