Peoples choice

Smokin Ribs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anybody agree that the "peoples choice" award at a competition should be called "friends and family choice"?

Yes they r people im just sayin i saw grandparents buy 40 bucks worth of tickets and dump in their grandsons box and didnt even taste anyone elses. Are u feelin guilty?:p

Understand what you are saying. Around here, the only one vote you get is your ticket to the event. You can't buy more tickets to vote with unless you want to buy more full price gate tickets.

Unless there is a good cause involved we don't do open People's Choice any more for that reason. Some competitions around here have gone to blind people's choice where the meat is turned in and set out in a tent for people to sample. That at least takes the local advantage out of it.

If I can work it out with the county HD, I will be doing a People's Choice at Smokin' Up A Storm. The event is to benefit the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, and I suspect that most teams wouldn't pitch a fit if someone was buying tons of tickets and stuffing a ballot box. It will be a fixed prize amount, so those extra tickets sales go directly to benefit the Food Bank.

Matt, that may be a little different from some other poeple's choice. They all aren't for charity. I like Ron L's idea.

Back