• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Equipment in concession trailers

smokinmikes

Found some matches.
Reaction score
For those with concession trailers, how have you successfully anchored your equipment? I bought some small D rings at Lowe's but I don't think they will be able to hold my larger equipment. I don't feel comfortable bolting these only thru the floor and the floor joists aren't large enough to completely anchor all four holes of the larger D rings. Any ideas?

I have a smoker about 4' wide by 2' depth and 6' tall. Probably 200-300 lbs? I also have a banquet caterer thats about the same size. Probably 200lbs?

I don't know what you call it but I have the tracking mounted to the wall that allows the D rings to be latched in with a quick release and that is what I use to strap my frig to the wall. Now if I could just remember to not leave a gallon of sauce on the counter and it looking like a bbq sauce bomb went off after travel LOL I have done it twice and it is not fun to clean up.

I strap my FEC100 and Arctic Air Fridge to the walls of my trailer using E-Track and ratchet straps, it works very well.

I've also had good luck using the wall track to secure my commercial fridge and smokers in place. A couple of D rings on the floor help also.

Thanks guys, that's what I'm looking for and hadn't thought of. I think I'll do the track system and some floor mounted D rings for extra strength.

HBMTN - I can imagine what that looks like! My fear is the smoker breaking loose and destroying the trailer and everything in it.

One more question if ya'll don't mind.. I have a hood and vent in my trailer and I plan on mounting my smoker underneath it. I'm thinking about enclosing this area with plexi-glass. That'll let my customers see the cooker and stop the fan from sucking all my ac out. I should have about one foot of distance from the smoker to the plexi on all sides. Anyone ever try this or have any input?

Also, where'd you buy the wall track? I don't see it at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Back