• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help locating a 30 gallon drum

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Sorry if this might be in the wrong place.

Would like to preferably locate one in NE Indiana or NW Ohio or Southern Michigan. I can buy a new one online which is looking like what i might have to do but just seeing if anyone has a line on them in my area because shipping is the biggest cost.

Open lid or closed it doesn't matter. I've tried about every place i can think of that would have used them for racing fuel to oil and grease. I'm looking forward to adding a mini UDS to the collection! Thanks for any tips.

I bought one new from Zoro Tools online for about $50 with free delivery (they have free shipping any order $50 and up)

it came the next day

that was the best deal I could find at the time.

I bought one new from Zoro Tools online for about $50 with free delivery (they have free shipping any order $50 and up)

it came the next day

that was the best deal I could find at the time.

I just looked it up it's $56 now but still better than what ive found...Hope they still have free shipping. Thanks very much. Keith

I got mine at a container supply company that had barrels. They were brand new open top.

I just looked it up it's $56 now but still better than what ive found...Hope they still have free shipping. Thanks very much. Keith

I remember now

go on Retail me not or one of those coupon sites, they had a $5 off coupon.

Then it will be $51 still over the free shipping threshold

I remember now

go on Retail me not or one of those coupon sites, they had a $5 off coupon.

Then it will be $51 still over the free shipping threshold

Was it a hassle to cut off the top? I was planning on grinding it off right near the top? I want to be able to re use it. Thanks

but the way you did it you could have re used the lid right?

actually it went like this

I needed to reuse the lid for the 55 gallon so I ground that one off

the 30 gallon goes inside the 55 upside down, no lid needed, so I chiseled that one off

But yeah, if you grind the lip off you can reuse it. Just be careful and deburr the edges

First, thanks ButtBurner for all the advice. Try googleing "reconditioned steel drum". That's what I did and found one local. That said, the $50+/- cost that ButtBurner referenced is great for a new 30 gallon and comparable to what I paid in Jacksonville, FL.

I'm in central Ohio and I could give you a hundred of them. I work in a foundry and that is what are virgin metal comes in. No liner and clean as a whistle. PM me if this helps.

I'm in central Ohio and I could give you a hundred of them. I work in a foundry and that is what are virgin metal comes in. No liner and clean as a whistle. PM me if this helps.
I will Mike , Thanks!!!...It would be next month sometime but i just might!

I went on Google and discovered a barrel plant about 25 miles from my house. Think I pd. something like $55 for a new unlined barrel with a lid that fit. I drove down and bought it that day...

I still burned it out, just to remove the rust preventative... (EASY)

Back