"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Making about 50 ABTs for the football game Sunday. THink thats about it. Maybe throw some thing on for a snack also.

Well just last night, my new OTG Blue finally came. Gave it a good burn last night so tomorrow I'm gonna do ribs for the first time ever and a fatty to go along with them. :clap2:

We're having an 'Apple Festival' at work next week, so hit up the Throwdown threads and got a few ideas to try and see which one to make for the office. Going to make an apple stuffed fatty, apple chicken sausages (think 1/3 size brats, jumbo smokies :grin:) or apple satays (apple chunk, season, bacon wrapped smoked, then drizzled with some sort of meltable cheese, thinking gouda, maybe fontina).

Alabama's playing North Texas this weekend, so Brisket's the meat of choice.
Next Week:
Alabama plays Arkansas, so BBQ Butt is my likely choice.

I'm not gonna BBQ 'Hillbilly' when Alabama plays Tennessee. :roll:
(A Ham will have to do)

Chicken for me. I am doing my first competition (well sort of) Saturday. It is not a competition like you all do. It is a small event in a town next to me. There are only 5 teams including mine, so I is real small. But I figured for a first competition I would try it. I am doing thighs, wings, and skewers using the Fire Wire cables. The event is called the Chicken Festival that's why everything is chicken. Should be fun:clap:

During football season I bring a dish to the house where we are watching our Saints games (Yes, there are quite a few of us in enemy territory here in Atlanta). My dishes are all NOLA based, but since I have the smoker now, I am thinking of doing a couple fatties to take this Sunday.

I am kicking around the idea of jambalaya fatties, trying to decide if all the filling ingredients should be cooked before rolling. I will have the rice cooked, but not sure about the onion, bell peppers, shrimp, chicken, etc.

Hoping to do a beer can chicken on a 22.5" Weber kettle I got a month ago from CL.
It's an older one with the 3 rotating intake vents.
I did some baby backs last Monday on it that were OK, but that was my first go at it. Any pointers for chicken? I'm thinking I should start with a full chimney banked to one side - not sure about water or not in the drip pan.
Thanks in advance.

jambalaya fatties

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lemme know how they go and what u used. this sounds like it could be the best thing ever. i say go with shrimp. shrimp jambalaya is my favorite. this might be my next fatty experiment as well.

Hoping to do a beer can chicken on a 22.5" Weber kettle I got a month ago from CL.
It's an older one with the 3 rotating intake vents.
I did some baby backs last Monday on it that were OK, but that was my first go at it. Any pointers for chicken? I'm thinking I should start with a full chimney banked to one side - not sure about water or not in the drip pan.
Thanks in advance.

I did my first one a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. I had a drip pan, but I didnt use water.

I did my first one a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. I had a drip pan, but I didnt use water.

I've done them before, but on a gas grill with foil packs of wood chips or indoor oven - always a hit.
I haven't done them with charcoal though, and was curious about a reasonable amount to start with.

I've done them before, but on a gas grill with foil packs of wood chips or indoor oven - always a hit.
I haven't done them with charcoal though, and was curious about a reasonable amount to start with.

i just filled up a full chimney and then let it get to temp. It was around 300 and it took about 2 hours.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lemme know how they go and what u used. this sounds like it could be the best thing ever. i say go with shrimp. shrimp jambalaya is my favorite. this might be my next fatty experiment as well.

I think it will be pretty good, I am wondering if the rice will be soggy after cooking then smoking.

Back