Trader Joes Dinner

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had a Trader Joes dinner last night. Had picked up some groceries on the way home...wanted to make a meal using what I bought.

Who can resist "pulled brisket" :tsk:
005.jpg

Just kidding here...told the boys they could have this for lunch (while I'm at work!!). Has some fine microwave heating instructions!! :tsk:

Here are the real supplies. The menu: reverse-seared tri-tip, "chicken legs", smoked taters, grilled veggies, beans, bread and a few things to wash it all down:
002.jpg

Tri-tip all rubbed up, waiting for it's turn in the smoker. Used my Smoker Joe (smokey joe converted to a mini WSM):
006.jpg

Tri in the smoke (oak, hickory):
010.jpg

Pulled at around 130 internal. Gonna have a little rest while I crank up the heat, finish chicken and veggies:
012.jpg

Here's the high heat:
020-1.jpg

The sear. Couple of minutes a side brought us to about 135 internal:
021.jpg

023.jpg

Sliced tri-tip:
031-1.jpg

My plate (poor inside lighting mod):
033.jpg

I've decided I'm not a big fan of TJ's tri-tip. Have cooked it a few times now, seems to me it's a bit tougher than my usual Costco supplied tri (and can't touch the american kobe tri-tip from Select Gourmet Foods).

Used TJ "everday seasoning" on the chicken. Was pretty tasty..."chicken legs" are always a hit with my kids, who think all food should have a handle!

Like the TJ charcoal. Have been keeping several bags on hand. Not bad at $6.99 for 18# bag.

Wine was as good as $4.00 gets you!! :wink:

That looked like a really great dinner. You had it all covered. Just love the way that rub looked on the tri-tip

Looks good, I did a Tri-tip reverse sear for the 4th and it was awesome.

Back