• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Welcome! Grab a cup an look around!

thanks ron for delivering coffee to the wbo, having the sunrise blend on .

Thanks Ron, that cuppa joe this afternoon is just what I needed :thumb:

uploadfromtaptalk1328312584650.jpg

Oh Boy!! Look what i got today! It is a little chilly in IA tonight. Might have to try out my new coffee/grinder tonight.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

I have yet to try some of your beans Ron...what's wrong with that picture??? Where do I sign up for the next batch? :thumb:

I have yet to try some of your beans Ron...what's wrong with that picture??? Where do I sign up for the next batch? :thumb:

Right here. I'll post when I have a batch available. I won't have time to roast this weekend, but probably next weekend.

Good Stuff!! Hope we can sleep tonight after drinking a pot a coffee this late. :doh:

i haven't found any talk here about coffee makers........am I just missing it?

Ron, I do love good coffee. Do you do any dark roast? I appreciate a good cup of Kona. Would like to order when you have some available. Thanks

Ron, I do love good coffee. Do you do any dark roast? I appreciate a good cup of Kona. Would like to order when you have some available. Thanks

Well, yeah, I'll do a dark roast if that's what's right for the bean. But, frankly, most beans lose their unique characteristics with too dark of a roast. If the roast goes too far the subtle varietal flavors are masked by the caramelized sugars tastes from the roast (or burnt sugars in the case of a certain national chain :p).

What you may find, if I get the right coffee, is a melange, which is a blend of the same bean at different roast levels. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I have some Brazilian coffee that would hold up well in a melange of a light roast (maybe City+) and a darker roast (Full City+ or maybe even Vienna). The lighter roast should have some floral notes and a milk chocolate finish and the dark roast would be all about dark chocolate. I also have a very nice Sulawesi that would add in some earthiness and a little bit of funk.

Can you tell that I'm making this up as I go along? If I have enough of the Brazil I think I just decided what I'm going to roast this weekend :-D

Watch this space on Sunday to see if my plan works out :)

i haven't found any talk here about coffee makers........am I just missing it?

No, you're not missing it. I started writing up a section of brewing but there are so many options that It started getting confusing. I'll dig it up and figure it out.

In the meantime, what are you looking for? Brewed coffee or espresso? Automatic or manual? What capacity? What's your budget?

Let me know and I can give you some ideas.

Back