ideas for left over pulled chicken

Cheeken salad sammiches using toasted Jewish rye bread, maybe some sliced avocado....just my .02.:becky:

Bob

I'd say tacos or enchiladas, but since you made quesadillas yesterday that may not be a good idea :)

How about a pizza? You could use BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce and then put on chicken, mushrooms, spinach, pineapples, etc. and then, of course, cheese.

Chix salad made with cheesy medium heat wing sauce. Chix noodle soup! Chix Pot pie! easy peasy. Yum

BBQ chicken pizza - Here is how I make mine,

-I use a biscuit cutter to chop the chicken really fine, and mix it with a little bbq sauce.
-Shred some good cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, Cook some bacon and crumble it up, and cut up some cilantro.
-Eitehr make some dough, or as I do, get it from a local pizza place. Roll the dough out super thin, and brush one side with olive oil

Heat one side of your grill to pretty hot, and the other not quite as hot :p. I usually do them on the gasser, and put one side on Med/High and the other on Low/Med. Put the dough on the hotter side, oil side down. After it starts to crisp up, flip the dough over to the cooler side. Quickly cover the dough in BBQ sauce, then a thick layer of your chopped chicken, then both cheeses, bacon, and cilantro. Close the lid up and cook it until the cheese is good and melted. Wish I had some pics to show you, but this stuff usually gets eaten before I have time to get the camera out.

pizza sounds good. I forgot to mention, already made pistachio pesto chicken salad out of some of the chicken.

chicken pannini sandwich with some cheddar and red onion. Chicken nachos are good too.

Chicken and broccoli alfredo over pasta or on pizza,

Or

Chicken Casserole

This is a good recipe for using up leftover rotisserie chicken or turkey.

Ingredients:
2 ½ cups Frozen Broccoli Florets
2 cups fully cooked cubed chicken or turkey
1 cup fresh julienne-cut carrots
2 ½ cups fully cooked Long Grain Brown Rice
1 10.75 oz. can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest
1 ½ teaspoons cracked black pepper
¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
½ cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
1 can refrigerated Reduced fat crescent rolls

Directions:
1) Cook enough long grain wild rice to yield 2 ½ cups (cooked) in accordance with directions on package. Replace required water with chicken broth for more flavor. Set aside.
2) Steam broccoli and carrots for 8 minuets or until slightly crunchy. Set aside.
3) In a sauce pan, combine soup, chicken broth, lemon zest, pepper and bring to a boil over medium heat and remove from heat.
4) Cube fully cooked chicken into bite size chunks and combine with broccoli, carrots, and rice in a large mixing bowl. Then add soup mixture and feta cheese and mix well. Pour mixture in a 9” by 9: casserole dish and spread evenly.
5) Evenly sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of mixture in casserole dish.
6) Unroll crescent rolls into a flat sheet and DO NOT separate. Pinch seems together to form on solid sheet and place on top of mixture in casserole dish.
7) Bake for 25 mins at 350°F or until crescent roll topping is golden brown. Let rest 10 mins before serving.
Enjoy.

BBQ pulled chicken pizza is delicious. With reg pizza sauce or BBQ sauce. Either goes great on a pizza.

Chicken salad sandwiches are a definite great use for leftover pulled chicken. Use that 90% of the time dealing with chicken leftovers.

Pizza sounds like a winner, and leftovers if any remain wouldn't be bad on nachos.

I'm with RonL. Add some sauteed onions, green chiles, cheese and maybe a little canned stewed tomatoes... would make a good enchilada filling.

Bread with butter, then chicken, then some cheese.
Toasted. :)

Attachments

• FlameOn!.jpg
    FlameOn!.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Done!.jpg
    Done!.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 19
That is fantastic Arlin :hail::clap2:

There should be a "Cooking with a weed burner" section

Back