Dickey's BBQ

pahutchens

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Any one heard of these folks and are they any good?
They are having an open houses for franchises in the Twin City MN area. Three slated and more to come...
( :mod: move if wrong spot for this one)

From web site >>>The original Dickey’s opened in Dallas in 1941, with a simple goal – “Serve barbecue so good people will crave it. And don’t make ‘em wait too long to get it.” <<<

We have a couple of other places opening up in town anyone else seeing more BBQ joints opening in there area?

Dickey's

They built a Dickey's in Lebanon Missouri this year and so far has had mixed reviews. I have eaten there twice and so far have not been super impressed. Ribs and pulled pork were over cooked on both occasions. Hopefully they will improve with time.
By the way, I don't think they have a smoker on site. I was told that all the smoked food comes in cooked and they just re-heat in steam boxes .
Hope this helps

Dickey's is a fairly large chain.

They are fast food BBQ so don't expect more than that.

Some people like it, I really don't but...

it is what it is!

I have eaten there a few times. Its as good as you can expect from a chain store. I do like it better than the Rib Crib. And with kids eating free on Sundays (everyday in March) we find it cheap to eat out after Sunday shopping.
I almost forgot the free icecream and pickles are nice too, makes for a happy kid!

Terry

They opened one here in Scottsdale about a year ago. I tried it once - not that great, the best thing there was the sides. Good potatoes and mac and cheese, the meat wasn't good at all.

Me and the wife ate at the one in Maple Grove, very tender brisket but no flavor at all. I don't think we would go back.

there was one in sandusky OH lasted about a year and a half, was not impressed. They did have a smoker but I seldom saw it running, and when I did it was thick white smoke.

Any one heard of these folks and are they any good?
They are having an open houses for franchises in the Twin City MN area. Three slated and more to come...
( :mod: move if wrong spot for this one)

From web site >>>The original Dickey’s opened in Dallas in 1941, with a simple goal – “Serve barbecue so good people will crave it. And don’t make ‘em wait too long to get it.” <<<

We have a couple of other places opening up in town anyone else seeing more BBQ joints opening in there area?

We have one in Athens GA. It is not very good. I remmember asking for brisket and it didnt taste nothing like brisket. But thats the only one that I have tried.

These are everywhere in my area (DFW) I consider them a good bbq place for the novice eater. Very bland, nothing special, nothing bad. Was the first BBQ joint I tried when I moved here...made me want to eat BBQ, but somewhere else!

They opened one here in Scottsdale about a year ago. I tried it once - not that great, the best thing there was the sides. Good potatoes and mac and cheese, the meat wasn't good at all.

Yes, the sides were pretty good, but the meat is steamed mush. The only flavor comes from the sauce. I can't see them lasting more than a year in KC.

WOW, sorry yall have to put up with that junk too.
most people around my parts call it YICKEYS!!!!
From talking to an EX-manager of one, all the meat is smoked at a off site smoke house. it is then trucked in to the restaurants and heated back up.
he told me all of this at a get together earlyer this year while he was finishing his 3rd helping of my brisket and mashed potato salad!!!!!

Only one here...............it's getting ready to close down. NOT good. For fast food kinda stuff, it's there. Best I can say about it. Just there, actually, below, There.

Bob

Turkey is good! Wouldnt waste my money on anything else though

Dickeys is fast BBQ, I don't like it at all and avoid it at all costs

I'm not saying if someone walked up to me and gave it to me for lunch as to avoid me paying for lunch somewhere else, but I wouldn't actively go out and buy it

that's about the nicest way I could put it lol

Like Sub said "dickies is fast bbq.." its ok when your choices are other fast food joints but it isnt a good bbq place. it wouldnt rank in the top 500 bbq joints in Texas. No way.

The smoked Turkey is good
The rest is fast food bbq
affordable lunch

We ate at the one in KC once. It wasn't anything special. I can't remember what we got but I don't remember anything being nasty, but nothing was noteworthy either. Except the ice cream. The kids loved putting some in their drink cups and filling it with root beer and making floats. We haven't been back but the kids have asked about it of course. I don't think it's any worse that a number of other BBQ restaurant options. There are far better here in KC of course, but it sure beats Bob Evans BBQ. Actually, I've never tried the BBq at Bob Evans so I don't know!:biggrin: It beats the buffet at Golden Corral!:lol:

Back