Souvlaki on the High Plains - w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
National WX Service is saying we could see upwards of 7 inches of snow Mon-Weds!
That could make my scheduled Tuesday night tactical training flight either really interesting or non-existent.

Better get some grilling done.

Souvlaki is on the docket.

1 lemon, juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, crushed (pfffft! MORE!)
4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- I used FAR less than 4 lbs, and used pork butt for more fat and better flavor.

q7FR1gIl.jpg

agsZ2oql.jpg

GgoQXYyl.jpg

CINCHOUSE and the Munchkin both gave me a :thumb: after a quick taste test of the pork.

CINCHOUSE is whipping up homemade tatziki sauce. The forgotten fries are in the oven (I got excited about grilling the kebabs and forgot all about the sides :tsk:).

More to follow.

Marc,

That looks fantastic!! One of my favorite cooks right there!!!

Thanks
Greg

That looks great! Great, now I'm hungry...good thing I've already brushed my teeth..less likely to go raid the kitchen at 930. I cant stand cucumbers, but i crave tatziki...yeah yeah i know, don't make no sense...
Is soy sauce traditional in souvlaki? I need to try that sometime

Is soy sauce traditional in souvlaki? I need to try that sometime

Probably not at all. I browsed several recipes, and settled on this one. Sub'd gluten free tamari for the soy.

Give it a shot! Yeah, the tatziki is ridiculous. CINCHOUSE grates the cucumber, and you'd barely know it's there with the combo of the onion and garlic in there.

Should have cooked that up last week for the throwdown... :thumb:

Yep. Today was 100% MSU.

Batted around Indian, Mexican, Armenian, and several other options over coffee with CINCHOUSE.

Fun to see what shakes out in the end. :crazy:

Back