Rat's famous pork tenderloin recipe

Rat........ butter is butter as you say but.... I normally cook with unsalted butter. With the soy, etc, probably makes very little difference but just want your thoughts. Thanks.

This appears to be a fantastic recipe.

Looks and sounds great. Btw, was that your wife's beer?

Marubozo's thread is obviously #1 on this forum, but fantastic
writing like this made me
bookmark the page -

grill the suckers until they are MEDIUM. Turn them every 4 or 5 minutes. That would be 145 degrees for anybody sophisticated enough to own an instant read thermometer. If you don't have one, quit being a cheap, amateurish schmuck and order one. Your friends and loved ones will think you've become a grilling God.

I have a Berkie tenderloin I've been trying to decide what to do with. Thanks for posting, I will definitely be giving this a try.

Been away a while- hope everybody that tried this loves it.

I use unsalted butter because the soy has a fair amount of saltiness. Don't know if it matters since it only marinates a short time.

I've always directly grilled it over grey coals as I like the crust on the outside. You'll get some flare up from the butter.

Good Luck!

I rarely cook PT..because the flavor is meh...now we're talking. I will be watching for the Elephant garlic...when I find it....I'm going in....the soy...I can get at Asian market.

I agree with you on modded recipes. I will share a tried and true with friends...only to hear back..I changed this or that...I'm like " WHAT?!!!"

I went on a soy-sauce kick a month or so ago. Went to a giant asian market, and couldn't find ANY marked as Dark soy.

Back