Does a win at a "competitor series contest qualify you for the AR?

L

lcbbq

I am looking at doing a competitor series contest this summer but am curious if the GC gets the invite to the Royal. I have searched for an answer about this and cant seem to find one. In my research it sounded like KCBS sanctions competitor series but they are not state championships because they might not follow all of the KCBS rules. Anyone have any insight on this?

Anyone can do the open if you plunk down your money. Only need invite for the invitational...which I believe a GC in a sanctioned event will satisfy. I may be wrong, I don't get invited to anything :(...LOL

Competitor series does not qualify for the Royal. It's a second level sanctioning that allows contest to advertise as a KCBS event. This could be that they have different categories, or simply that the contest didn't get officially sanctioned because of a nearby contest at the same time. Your best bet would be to contact the organizer and inquire about the reason for it being a competitor series event.

I am looking at doing a competitor series contest this summer but am curious if the GC gets the invite to the Royal. I have searched for an answer about this and cant seem to find one. In my research it sounded like KCBS sanctions competitor series but they are not state championships because they might not follow all of the KCBS rules. Anyone have any insight on this?

Are you talking about Grandview the first week of May?

Yes, Grandview is the contest I was looking at. I am guessing it will fill up fast with only 32 spots available. But I am not sure I want to do it with the off chance I win if I dont get the invite to the Royal.

It has nothing to do with the kcbs. AR rules say any "sanctioned" contest that cooks 4 meats is ok if it has 50 teams. Less than 50 the it needs a governors proc. so the question you need answered is did the organizer get a proclamation.

Yes, Grandview is the contest I was looking at. I am guessing it will fill up fast with only 32 spots available. But I am not sure I want to do it with the off chance I win if I dont get the invite to the Royal.

Why not do Belton the same day? It is an established contest and Grandview pulled some pretty crappy stuff trying to get Belton to change their date they have had for 5 years! Plus, did you see how much a spot is at Grandview?

Back