BBQ Brethren "Taco" Throwdown

I have been watching this thread closely. VERY closely. And I am not touching it with a ten foot pole. Or any pole for that matter. No sir...:heh:

Someone please make a salmon taco,please? Cuz you know salmon is the OTHER pink meat, right?

This is my feeble attempt to steer this discussion a little more towards, Oh hell, whatever.
Pork Loin Al Pastor, refries and Safron rice.

AlPastor1.jpg

Hot sauce with a beer back...love it! Nice plate Kevin!

Is it me, does it seem odd that the hot sauce bottle is larger than the beer bottle?

Did someone say feesh tacos?

Fresh Tilapia marinated in canola oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, chopped jalapenos and cilantro.

PA060160.JPG

Grilled in the small Egg...

PA060162.JPG

PA060164.JPG

Served in corn tortillas with cole slaw with salsa in the dressing and a Mango Avocado Salsa with lime juice, tomatoes, onions and cilantro.

PA060166.JPG

PA060172.JPG

PA060173.JPG

Use this picture, please -^

Last edited:
Nice feesh taco Ron. Looks good enough to eat.

Did someone say feesh tacos?

Fresh Tilapia marinated in canola oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, chopped jalapenos and cilantro.

PA060160.JPG

Grilled in the small Egg...

PA060162.JPG

PA060164.JPG

Served in corn tortillas with cole slaw with salsa in the dressing and a Mango Avocado Salsa with lime juice, tomatoes, onions and cilantro.

PA060166.JPG

PA060172.JPG

PA060173.JPG
I want to jump in the car and come to your house RIGHT NOW and have that.

Good gracious, it's 1:30 in the morning and seeing those tacos makes me want to fire up the UDS, run to the all night grocery and get cooking. You're killing me here!

Hmmmmm...so far it's a Mods only throwdown, but the taco wisecracks have abated a wee bit.

Oh, BTW, I'd SO hit that taco Ronelle.

Open-Face ABT Taco

My first entry in the throwdown area ... the ABT taco. I made some classic style ABT's and yes, I saved two! Grilled some chicken breast with a special spicy rub, sliced and covered with Sriracha sauce. Placed two ABT's in the middle of a whole wheat tortilla with shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese and diced tomato rounding out the veggie portion. It's a start.....

ABTTaco167-1.jpg

Started out with some fresh vegetables and corn masa -

picture.php

Made up some corn tortillas from scratch -

picture.php

Rolled dough into golf ball size dough balls and put between 2 sheets of wax paper to press them -

picture.php

I use a pan as a tortilla press -

picture.php

Tortillas ready for the grill -

picture.php

picture.php

Made some Southwestern slaw for the fish tacos -

picture.php

Grilled the vegetables -

picture.php

BBQ'd a Chucky Friday, 6/25 -

picture.php

BBQ'd a Boston Butt Friday, 6/25 -

picture.php

Beef and pork were mixed with a little salsa, adobo sauce, and cumin to make the taco filling.

Grilled Tilapia marinated in olive oil, adobo sauce, and black pepper -

picture.php

Three kinds of tacos - BBQ beef, BBQ pork, and grilled fish -

picture.php

BBQ Beef taco -

picture.php

BBQ Pork taco -

picture.php

And, this is my entry in the throwdown - Fish Taco -

picture.php

Last edited:
Bo that is some great looking eats covered almost all the bases:clap2:

Thanks, Alan_in_GA. They were all very tasty and, unlike store bought, the homemade corn tortillas are very flexible. No problem picking up the tacos.

Back