First Cook on New Smoker (many pics) and thoughs from a beginner.

I've always loved BBQ and cooking, but it is not a way of life in the Boston area like it is in other parts of the country.

Guess I missed that memo, with 19 contests and 13,000 miles driven in 2013. :becky:

Welcome to the club.

Be sure to check out http://nebs.org for a bunch of other people that also missed the memo.

Thanks again everyone! I'm humbled by your generous response. It is greatly appreciated.

Team ZBQ: I said not a way of life - not - non existent - hehe :) I will follow you and hopefully visit a competition where you are cooking and introduce myself. Maybe have you tear up the memo :p

Great read, delicious looking grub, and one beautiful cooker. You got bitten by the bug and you got it BAD! :-D That Meadow Creek model is also in my future, as spending a couple hundred extra dollars on shipping for a Lang or Jambo is a deal breaker. I'll take a couple hours and pick up the pit myself and spend the money I save on more meat!

Great looking rig and even better looking food. Welcome to the world of stickburning. Anything else would be uncivilized.

Thanks for the honest play by play of your first smoke! That's a very confident first try there sir! LOL!!

Now the trick comes once you start making single meats and fine tuning exactly how you want each to taste.....THEN putting them all on in one day and try to make them all hit in your personal zone. LOL!!

You shall find yourself with more rubs and sauces than your house can hold. You'll also constantly ticker with every damned facet of what you had previously thought was perfect......for some unknown reason. It's maddening but so fun and rewarding.

You may never be fully content with the food you make as you strive for perfection. BUT NEVER say anything to the people you serve it to!! They think it's perfect. Let them eat it thinking that very thing.

Hope you enjoy this world of BBQ as much as I have over the years. WELCOME!

Wow, great new cooker and looks like you are cooking on it just fine

Welcome to stick burning, fire tending, and meat smoking. So far, it looks like you did your homework. Keep at it and post up some more prOn......we love it!

Back