Merry (belated) Christmas to me--new slicer!

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had to replace my slicer after many years.
Chased leads on used ones for the last 6 weeks till I was blue in the face. :redface:
Looking for an 8" or larger unit that was at the top of "home use" or bottom of "commercial use" quality.
For a home cook, I slice a LOT of bacon (all 3 kinds), pastrami, jerky, etc.

Found a lot of Hobarts and some Globes and Berkels--but those suckers were all 100-120 lb or more and way more than I wanted to deal with.
A lady we know had a Hobart 12" in very good condition that I could have bought for $75--but I would have needed a fork lift to move it!

Finally said "Fark It"!!!

This should be here later in the week:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/ava...gravity-feed-meat-slicer-1-4-hp/177SL310.html

Seems very capable, reasonably easy to clean, and at about 40 lb this old man can deal with it!
I doubt seriously that I will wear this one out :clap2:

TIM

That’s funny, I was looking at that same slicer at the same place earlier today.

Do us a favor and do a review on it after you use it a bit.

Congrats.

You'll like that right there Tim! I had a older Hobart that i had to "turn" over to my kid cause I couldn't move the dang thing anymore!

That’s funny, I was looking at that same slicer at the same place earlier today.

Do us a favor and do a review on it after you use it a bit.

Congrats.

Yep... I'd love to hear what you think about it. I would probably use my slicer more if it worked better and was easier to clean.

It came today!

Have it sitting on the kitchen island--just admiring it! 8)
Have to move it tomorrow before Mrs Kapn comes home.
Or, I could put a bow on it and tell her it is her 38th wedding anniversary present. 8)
But, I would then join Hance in the Marital Doghouse :oops:

A solid and well built unit.
Operates smoothly and is soooooo quiet!
Weight is manageable at about 35 lbs.
Few "nooks and crannies" so should be "reasonably" easy to clean.
Appears to be a quality machine at the $300 price point.
If it slices as good as it looks, I will be a happy camper!

Sadly, it will be mid week before I get a chance to thaw all that deer in the freezer and get it sliced for jerky.

Will post when I get a chance to see if it is just a "pretty face", or works as good as it looks!

TIM

CONGRATS!! i dont know what i'd do without my slicer. it's gonna come in handy tomorrow when we make jerky. the perfectly slice bacon it produces makes it worth the money alone!!:clap2:

Back