whose mac and cheese is this?

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I saw a picture of mac and cheese on no excusses bbq site where alot of the brotheren gpts together. the fooood loooked so dang good, but for somereason mac and cheese sounds soo good right now and i found a picture of this on no excusses bbq. i am curious to who made this becaus ei would like to try and make it please. here is the link to the photo.

http://noexcusesbbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/IMG_3025.jpg

i seriously love you guys. your food is soo awesome. i need to learn some new stuff. haha

If it is Noexcusesbbq, then it would be Zydecopaws who made it.

If it is Noexcusesbbq, then it would be Zydecopaws who made it.
i was thinkin that but it was a group party of some of the brethren so im not sure if he took pics of just his food or everyone elses, but know i have a forum name i can PM.

thanks

Ah, if that is from the NorCal Bash, then it is the mac and cheese from Phat Matt's, they often provide a pan of that stuff. Very tasty.

oh man, so i cant really get the recipe for it then eh? or can i? haha.

All im tryin to do is get the recipe for chuck o rama mac and cheese. it is sooo goood to me.

thanks

dang it... ok cool. so it looks like i need to find one then. haha. preferably one with no flour. haha.

thanks

Matt

yeah, i wouldnt either. its his business and he needs to make it work. not gonna steal from him. it just looked good and i thought one of the brethren made it at home or something. haha

It is a basic macaroni and cheese recipe, in that is it a roux based cheese sauce, basic macaroni, and they put cheese, lots of cheese on top before baking. They do add garlic and onions, a fair amount. It is really simple. A lot of what Matt does focuses on the belief that 'if it ain't broke, don't mess with it'. Sure they have their own tweaks, as any cook does.

ah, so they use the basic roux style then. i will have to work on some thinner style sauces. i like my mac and cheese creamy. IE, take the creamy style the store bought kraft kind is but use reall stuff. haha

ah, so they use the basic roux style then. i will have to work on some thinner style sauces. i like my mac and cheese creamy. IE, take the creamy style the store bought kraft kind is but use reall stuff. haha

Actually, Redhot does this when she makes mac and cheese. The sauce is simply heavy whipping cream/half&half into which the cheese is melted gradually. She adds cayenne and jalapeno to hers as well.

On edit, I think she uses a little butter too. She doesn't make it often enough for me to know as I really don't care for the dish but will eat it when forced to.

oh man. cayenne sounds good. i have about 200 of those dehydrated from this last growing season. haha

Back