New addition to the family

This was my favorite grill for road trips and camping, I forget what it used to be called but it measures 18.5", the smokey Joe was too small.

I just saw one for sale, it;s called the "smokey joe gold" now and there is one in 707 CA for sale brand new for 25.

I just picked up a 18.5" today for $5 and cleaned it out about 30 mins ago.Here it is sitting next to my brand new 22.5
Which one is this with the 3 lower vents? There is paint all over it so I may use some paint thinner and polish it out one day when not lazy :becky:
IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

I may go buy a new top grill grate at homedepot tomorrow.
IMG_0940.jpg

Here a few pics of a Redhead I picked up off of a Brethern. All I had to do was wipe it out and buy some new grills. I am almost afraid to cook on it, it's just so nice and shiny. I will fix up the paint around the handles later this summer.

1000000263 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1000000261 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1000000260 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1000000262 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1000000265 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

your pics didn't come through but after i posted this i noticed some links so i found them that way. looks great.

is that the thing that looks like the TV? all i get are out lined box's where a pic should be. ...how do you change channels on this thing???

I'm just getting into true BBQ, but I'm having a blast doing it with my Webers. Here is a photo of my cookers:

1. The 18.5" WSM (DO = 2005) was picked up on CL last weekend for $75 and cleaned up very nicely. I'm looking forward to firing it up for the first time this weekend.

2. The 22.5" OTG (AA = 2011) was purchased new this Spring, and couldn't be better.

3. The Smokey Joe was purchased new sometime during my bachelorhood, probably in 2005. I don't recall the date code off hand, but it was my first Weber.

Attachments

• Weber Collection - Resized.jpg
    Weber Collection - Resized.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 537
Had to take a pic of the fleet before they got disseminated to my various summer hangouts. I've got $195 into the whole lot including the Vermont Castings gasser in the back. Could not pass up the a couple of $10 kettles, thank you CL!

Attachments

• grill_fleet.jpg
    grill_fleet.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 505
Nice!! just found this thread. Have been through all 41 pages. Love my weber. Use to burn through an el cheapo grill about once a year then buy a new one. 6 years ago i convinced my wife i needed a really GOOD grill, she agreed. I waited till after i bought it to tell her it was 200 dollars (weber performer, no gas ign. or charcoal bin). She wasnt happy until i started cooking on it. Never looked back. Just purchased a smokey joe for going to lake. Gonna mod smokey for smoking at lake. Vent on performer broke from lump coals getting jammed. makes smoking hard. Seen somones earlier post on how they fixed this. Great idea gonna implement that. When i get my mods and stuff done, will post pics.

I should own stock in Weber, but I don't.

22.5" One Touch, 18.5" WSM, Smokey Joe Gold, Genesis? 3 burner gasser + a Lodge Sportsman's Grill.

Where can you find Webers in colors besides black? I've seen the 22.5" OTS in copper at Target. I'd really like a green OTG like the one a few posts up.

not many around. green can be had through amazon and big boxes if ordered.

love the towel holder on the performer. Might have to do that to mine. And the roller on the bottom leg of the one:laugh:. that hillarious, love it though, whatever works.

i have a similar setup on my kettles. i can put on and take off the caster in seconds. makes it easy to roll around when needed but stays put when needed also.

i have a similar setup on my kettles. i can put on and take off the caster in seconds. makes it easy to roll around when needed but stays put when needed also.

Do you have any pics of your wheel set up? Sounds interesting. I always hated moving the kettle and the leg would snag or scrap the ground. I like to sit in the lawn chair and Q. I could pull it over to check the meat, then push it back when I'm done. Wasn't made for turning. Onlt goes straight.

I like the paner towel rack. I plan to make one for my UDS & offset smoker.

Where can you find Webers in colors besides black? I've seen the 22.5" OTS in copper at Target. I'd really like a green OTG like the one a few posts up.

Ace hardware here in Fla. can order them for you. I would think others could too.

New here, loving the forum so far guys ;)

I grew up grilling on charcoal but usualy on cheapie tin grills like hubcaps with grates. No one else in my family was into grilling at all so it was just me on the stoop poking at a couple of dogs or burgers on my hubcap lol.

A while ago the wife and I got a char broil brand 2 burner gasser for our aniversary as a way to help us steer away from fast food and processed food and I fell in love with grilling all over again :-D

A few weeks later I rescued a genesis 2000 that I got for free figuring it would be a better unit than the charbroil when restored but just last night I scored big time I think.

Found a weber performer 100% complete and working (other than the small tank being empty) on craigslist for a paltry $30! Every basic kettle on the site was priced at $50 or more!

Drove for 2 hours to get it and was decimated by mosquitos while dismanteling it to fit in my wifes focus but I think it will have been worth it.

I'll post the pron when I get off work ;)

I found this advertised locally but its just listed as a Weber grill so I'm not sure what model it is. Is this an old One Touch Platinum? In any event, it's really cheap so I think I'm going to jump on it.

3k03mf3o35T05Z45W2b775b983fda9a031100.jpg

I found this advertised locally but its just listed as a Weber grill so I'm not sure what model it is. Is this an old One Touch Platinum? In any event, it's really cheap so I think I'm going to jump on it.

3k03mf3o35T05Z45W2b775b983fda9a031100.jpg

Yes sir, I do believe you are correct!

Looks just like the one I picked up at the auction last fall for $27! I love it!

Back