View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #41
rabeb25
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkissell View Post
Check out this thread from a fellow Brethren. He has identified the problem as a leaky damper door. This was suggested in the thread above also.

He has a nice solution that he says works well.

I do agree that for the price you should not have to do any mods for the smoker to hold a temperature, but this looks relatively easy and effective.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=129770

I'm also in the market for a new smoker and really wanted a Vault, but I've heard too many bad reports on their customer service, and my limited experience has convinced me that I don't want to deal with Pitmaker no matter how good their product.

I've sent 2 e-mail messages with some basic questions. Both were delivered and opened by Pitmaker, but I never received a reply. I guess I could call, but if a company has a customer service e-mail address I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a reply a week after receiving confirmation that they opened your e-mail.

For me it's going to be a Backwoods Gater once my budget can handle it. Less expensive, great product and wonderful support. Not as pretty as the Vault, but I'll learn to live with it!

Good luck.

Yea that's me, it's still out of control...the planets must have aligned that night.