7.Jiggy Piggy
8.Smokin Clones
8.Buttrub.com
9.BS Pitmeister
10.Ulcer Acres

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Kevin, for posting!!

Congrats to all!!

I'm especially proud of Randy and Marla of Ulcer Acres...These folks are just excellent people....you can't ask for better....I wish we got to compete against them more often.....it isn't their fault, they're out there doing it....we just got to get our butts out there too!

Congrats...this is a great accomplishment...

Many of us who compete know how hard it is to get a few decent placings at some contests. Everything has got to be near perfect.. but to be able to consistently score at the top week in and week out is outstanding and very respectable.

Congrats guys!

Wish we had enough contests out here to even be considered.

Way to go, guys! I realize more every year just how huge of an accomplishment that is! It really hit me when I just went and looked at the complete standings... we weren't so hot: Chicken tied for 21st, Ribs... NODDA point ZILCH, Pork tied for 25th, Brisket tied for 33rd and overall we tied for 48th! :shock:

Congrats to all.

I have to say I thought Bar B Quau would take it, maybe just because they were the first to get the 'perfect' year.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Way to go, guys! I realize more every year just how huge of an accomplishment that is! It really hit me when I just went and looked at the complete standings... we weren't so hot: Chicken tied for 21st, Ribs... NODDA point ZILCH, Pork tied for 25th, Brisket tied for 33rd and overall we tied for 48th! :shock:

Jeff - Looking at the big picture, your results are fantastic !!!!...You made me look though... I did not even realize I qualified for any points. We only did three events in 2006 but saw I was listed with 8 total points in the Pork category, for 250th place our of 1240 teams.

MilitantSquatter said:
Jeff - Looking at the big picture, your results are fantastic !!!!...

You made me look though... I did not even realize I qualified for any points. We only did three events in 2006 but saw I was listed with 8 total points in the Pork category, for 250th place our of 1240 teams.

Thanks Vinny but if they're fantastic, I don't know what words describe what these top ten teams did! Wow! My wife and I shared an elevator with Mike and Debbie Davis yesterday... I'm hoping some of that rubs off just by being in his presence in close quarters! :lol:

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but Lotta Bull had the award for highest comp score of the year. They had 690.?? at a contest. Highest possible points are 720.

Congrats to the teams...top 10 overall is clearly a mark of distinction and top 10 in the categories shows HUGE effort.

:eusa_clap Fantastic job by you guys - congratulations! :eusa_clap

Congrats to all. Kevin, just think what might be if there were more KCBS events in your area.

Pig Headed said:
Congrats to all. Kevin, just think what might be if there were more KCBS events in your area.

Well yes, but we had more in Florida, in 2006 than we ever had... But that was the whole reason the FBA started 6 (almost 7) years ago... Between the both I can cook a lot of contests a year....

Probably the biggest disadvantage down here for the KCBS points, is the number of triple point contests... We had 2, which was great, but had to travel a lot of miles, to get to more... But thats ok, because I know Lotta Bull, Quau, and Russell (It ain't Prime) travelled a lot to get theirs in 2006...

The only disappointment for me was Sevierville, TN contest, I thought I pulled 15 points out of that one (which would have given us 61 points, and tied for 5th), we were told all along it was 50 teams, but it ended up 49... I think a few of us could have talked someone into cooking chicken to make 50... But thats the way it goes... I can't think of anyone I would be more proud to be tied with than Rod (his biggest wins gave him 0 points)...

Last edited:
Team Q results as follows

CHICKEN -----33rd

RIBS----- 20th

PORK--- 45th

BRISKET--- 28th

OVERALL---34th

We hope to drastically improve this for the 2007 season!!

Spice

WE had 2 points for ribs. Our other two contests weren't KCBS sanctioned.

Congrats everybody! This will be our first year and hope to get at least the 2 points that Bigmista got!

Back