Carrollton TX BBQ

yoursangoma

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Sounds like I'm going to be in Carrollton the weekend after Christmas working. Wanna try and hit up a BBQ joint, if I can talk the rest of my workplace associates into it. What's the best BBQ joint near Carrollton TX. If I have to drive too far, it probably won't happen.

TIA!

Do you have a time/distance you are willing to travel? Carrollton is within 20-30 minutes of a lot of great BBQ, but none of it is right there. Cattleack is about 15 minutes away and is consistently considered one of the best, but they are only open Thurs and Friday for lunch.

My the two that I go to if I am in that area is Hutchins in Mckinney and Pecal Lodge in Dallas.

My boss said we're going to Hard Eight BBQ. Am I going to be happy or disappointed?

Pappas group of restaurants just opened a smokehouse south of DNT Tollway and 121 intersection about 10 minutes from Carrollton. They are pricy but always on point. Meaning that the bbq is served fresh and never dry and hours waiting to be eaten. They also have the high quality steaks they offer in Pappas Bros' (arguably top 5 steakhouse in DFW). They have a separate part of the restaurant available for office events. Hard Eight is good, but not "I cannot wait to comeback" good. Delta Blues only serves Prime Brisket and the Big Boy Beef Rib is awesome (limited amount each day). Take a look at their website. https://www.pappasdeltablues.com/

Back