IN PROGRESS ***SPECIAL***: Discussion Thread -> "Crock Pot" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new Special TD category is...

[FONT=&quot]"Crock Pot!"

[/FONT]
CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING
hotdogsincrock.jpg

NOT a legal entry!

Don't you think it's time you took that Crock Pot out of the box finally and figured out how to use it?

SPECIAL RULES ARE IN EFFECT (duh)

1. The main ingredient you put in the crock must be grilled or smoked.
2. See above.

Please Note:

• This is a totally open category as long as you cook your dish in a Crock Pot and the main ingredient you place in the crock pot has been grilled or smoked. Simple enough.

• Standard Throwdown rules apply (except for the fact that you have to cook in a crock pot this time).

• Multiple entries are both allowed, and encouraged. :thumb:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/2 through Sunday 6/1/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 6/2/14.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Oh, and this is the official wack-a-doodle thread. Not that there is really anything about Crock Pots and BBQ that anybody could possibly get all wackadoodle about...but I know you all tend to need an outlet for these things, so here it is.

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you smoke a Crock?

Well, I would defer to the Aussies as I can only assume the are the experts in this realm but I would think that the meat is fairly lean so you might want to wrap it in bacon. Just be sure to inject it before boiling but it will be up to you whether you want to rub it before or after.

Ok, so reading the rules and biggies comments again, it appears that this is the "Cook it like a Caveman if Cavemen had Crock Pots but even if they had Crock Pots the Cavemen didn't have electricity so put the Crock Pot on a grate over a charcoal chimney TD". Am I close? :noidea:

You forgot that the main ingredient that goes in the crock has to be grilled or smoked.

For farks sakes!

Do you really need me to hold your hand the entire TD?

Whoa whoa whoa, I thought the crock pot was the main ingredient...

Sure. They come in different sizes, you know. You could smoke up a smaller one, and put it in a bigger one.

Ok, so reading the rules and biggies comments again, it appears that this is the "Cook it like a Caveman if Cavemen had Crock Pots but even if they had Crock Pots the Cavemen didn't have electricity so put the Crock Pot on a grate over a charcoal chimney TD". Am I close? :noidea:

Perhaps we could merge the two threads, then stand back and watch as the terrible madness unfolds...

Fark! The mods are merging again?!?! I am going to go hide now. I may be back on page 4... :behindsofa:

It's ok, I get denied and DQ'd allow the time when I attempt an entry. Doesn't stop me from trying though :thumb:

Back