Slap Yo Daddy Class in th U.K.

esselle

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It's under a week now until one of the best and most successful U.S. pitmasters comes to give his world famous classes here in the U.K. Trust me we can't wait :-D What a great time to host this too as Harry Soo has just qualified for the 'Jack'. Not only will he be teaching both classes but he will also be competing in one of our competitions, making him the first U.S. pitmaster to do battle here against the current U.K. and European champions.:clap2:

I talked to Harry about this trip last weekend and he was very excited to go. Enjoy your time with him and try and soak it all in!

Really great stuff but hasn't Bad Byron competed there a few times lately?
And if I'm not mistaken Dr. KY is required to compete as an American too.

I think it's great that Harry is headed over and I told him so the other day but he's not the first.

I think it's great that Harry is headed over and I told him so the other day but he's not the first.

But did they teach classes, or just compete?:confused:

They both competed. I taught a class a couple months ago.

Again, nothing bad about any of this. BBQ is hot in the UK and I'm glad to see any and all of it. I just want everyone to get their proper credits.

Would have been fun to speak to Harry about my old stomping grounds and see what has changed around Diamomd Bar.

Flying out of LAX to Heathrow on July 11. Toby heard I like fish and chips so we might head to Brighton to get some good fish and chips and to check out a BBQ restaurant one of the UK teams owns.

That would be John from BBQ Shack.

That's correct but neither have competed against current UK and European Champions.

OK, I'll bite. Who are these champions and why didn't they compete at the KCBS contest in the Netherlands or Grillstock.

OK, I'll bite. Who are these champions and why didn't they compete at the KCBS contest in the Netherlands or Grillstock.
It's in the signature .....Miss Piggy's and our aim has always been to qualify for the Jack, therefore the contest in the Netherlands didn't suit us because, even though it was a KCBS sanctioned contest and a Jack qualifier, the winning team didn't get a place at the Jack,it went to the highest placed Dutch team who came in 4th overall, as is well documented in other threads without hijacking this one. We didn't compete at Grillstock either for several reasons. 1.Not a Jack qualifier. 2. Not KCBS or IBQN so therefore doesn't suit the judging/cooking style that we are looking for to be in our best position to acheive that Jack place. 3.Not even blind judging.
Apologies to Harry Soo for this thread going off track but didn't realise people would 'bite'.

OK now I understand. Congrats on those championships. Not trying to distract from Harry either, just a little confusing. I hope you find the Jack to be what you'd hoped for and good luck.

OK now I understand. Congrats on those championships. Not trying to distract from Harry either, just a little confusing. I hope you find the Jack to be what you'd hoped for and good luck.

Thank you very much that means a lot.

Enjoy the class, what fun. We met Toby in Vegas. He was a hoot. I think he did real well in the sauce comp. He made his not so famous brown sauce?? Good luck, hope you have a great cook!

Any chance of a trip down under?

I would definitely travel to Australia or anywhere in New Zealand to take a Harry Soo class!!

Alas proper bbq is virtually non-existent here. Just me on my island with my weber *sigh I'm so ronery

Sent from my GT-I9100

Back