Bacon Legs

My humble attempt...

Used Stubb's chicken rub. Could have used something sweeter and spicier...more like a pork rub. Smoked mashed taters and Mexican corn and bean salad had to fight for a place on the plate.

null_zps9d8b4211.jpg

null_zpsc03af139.jpg

null_zps59389aa2.jpg

null_zpsb4857601.jpg

I've never considered myself a "leg man" until tonight! We'll be having those soon... great looking chicken!

One small trick is to leave the bacon out for a bit. It will stretch farther and be tighter. Ps they all look fantastic. Been doing bacon wrapped chix legs and bacon wrapped corn on the cob for years. Both always a big hit

Great looking legs peeps.

So

Skin on, skin off or did you do some of each?

Using a sweet rub sounds like a great idea.

Yeah man!

I think my kids are getting tired of my chicken after eating it every week for 2 years.. I'll start putting this in rotation - thanks for posting!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nZniMYCZp4"]ZZ Top - Legs (Original music video) - YouTube[/ame]

Great looking legs peeps.

So

Skin on, skin off or did you do some of each?

Using a sweet rub sounds like a great idea.
i was feeling lazy and trying to get them on before putting my son down for bed, so I did skin on. Even after reverse searing them to crisp up the bacon, the skin was soggy, so we will toss the skins next time.

Last night for dinner, I heated mine up in a CI pan and brushed them with sauce and enjoyed them much more.

Back