Okeechobee FBA this weekend - help

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just had a SUV/Truck accident and the F250 won but it's going to be in the shop for awhile. I am hoping somebody in the Lakeland area has a truck with equalizer hitch big enough to tow a 9000# trailer to the contest on Friday and back Saturday night or Sunday.

Carolyn and I are both OK. Got a few sore spots now from seat belt tension. Was doing 45 and she came out of a driveway, across 4 lanes in front of me trying to get into the left turn lane. I stopped in about 40 feet from point of impact. She did a couple of 360's in front of me, went thru 2 left turn lanes and jumped the median and landed in the left lane of northbound traffic. Fortunately nobody was coming north right then or they would probably be dead. Right corner of front end of the F250 has a lot of body damage but it doesn't look like frame damage (fingers crossed). Wasn't drivable due to fender being pushed back against the tire and no way to pry it out. F250 is made out of solid material. Back of rental SUV not so lucky. Not much left from the driver side back door to the end of the vehicle. Hope she bought the extra insurance.

So without getting into more details this year has started off with 2 major bad events for us. I sure hope it's not a sign of things to come. And like I said earlier we're both OK and that's the main thing.

Ford,

What is the ball size and the tongue weight????

Inquiring minds want to know :-D

TIM

Not sure on tongue weight but I'd guess loaded like it is about 1500 lbs,
2 5/16ths ball. Yes it's tongue heavy.

Not sure on tongue weight but I'd guess loaded like it is about 1500 lbs,
2 5/16ths ball. Yes it's tongue heavy.

Wish I could help, but my equalizer hitch is 1000# with a 2" ball.
2500 Ram diesel will pull the weight just fine, but.... Ya gotta be able to hook it up properly.

We wish you the best---Okee is a great venue.
We have done it twice and enjoyed both times.

Just can't afford or justify it this year to compete.

Good luck.

TIM

Last edited:
Thanks Tim. Appreciate the offer. It would probably tow OK. My equalizer is rated for 1200 lbs and works but wouldn't want to take a chance even if we could change the ball. It's a long shot to get a vehicle that wopuld work as it aslo has a fiar drop to ride level.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope your year gets better and can't wait to to meet you in Lakeland.

I wish I could with the ride but the wife hasn't allowed me to get that big truck yet.

Glad you guys are OK Ford. Be careful, we have a lot of Yankees in the area down for the season :crazy::laugh:

If you have the hitch and bars then anyone with a standard receiver on their truck can pull it. You could probably even rent/lease a truck to pull it. It doesn't take anything special on the truck to use Equalizer.

Russ

If you have the hitch and bars then anyone with a standard receiver on their truck can pull it. You could probably even rent/lease a truck to pull it. It doesn't take anything special on the truck to use Equalizer.

Russ
YOu're right. Going to email The_Kapn now.

Glad to hear that everyone is pretty much ok Ford.
Don't worry, things have got to get better, you're in Florida after all!
Take Care!

Looks like I'm missing the contest. May be best as I'm still sore and I can use this time to do a couple of things to the trailer for improved vending.

Hope everybody has a good time. And I'll probably be looking for somebody to tow my trailer next weekend to Lakeland. Now that's only around 20 miles from where I store the trailer so I know I'll find somebody.

ford let me know i am in lakeland and cooking out there. taking my stuff out early thursday so we could probably get yours in the afternoon

ford let me know i am in lakeland and cooking out there. taking my stuff out early thursday so we could probably get yours in the afternoon
PM Sent

Didn't realize how much I wanted to do 5 in a row until last night. Sure felt wierd sitting at home knowing the guys are at Okeechobee and I couldn't make it.

Good luck to everybody there.

Back