Brethren Wingstravaganza (Heavy Pr0n)

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Today I got a chance to cook up a bunch of wings seasoned with some products manufactured by Brethren.

Participants in the cook today included:

Plowboys Fin & Feather:
IMG_0589.jpg

Big Butz BBQ's Chicken Dust:
IMG_0593.jpg

The Rub Co's Hot Wing Rub:
IMG_0599.jpg

I got the Egg heated up to 300 and got the 22 wings on (Chicken Dust on left, Hot Wing Rub in center, Fin & Feather on right):
IMG_0601.jpg

Here they are ready to pull off the Egg followed by a shot after a brief rest:

Chicken Dust
IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Fin & Feather
IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Rub Co's Hot Wing Rub
IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

...and the complete ensemble of wings:
IMG_0613.jpg

We ate some darn tasty wings tonight! All three of them are quite different from each other. According to my taste buds, from a bit sweet to some good heat it went: Chicken Dust, Fin & Feather, and Hot Wing Rub. I don't have a bad thing to say about any of them as they were all great and depending on your craving, one of them should fit the bill!

Fine job on these products Brothers! :clap2:

These damn wing threads are killing me. Great close ups! :thumb: I gotta get me some Fin & Feather and some Big Butz. The Hot Wing Rub is great!

I'm slipping... when did Plowboys release Fin & Feather?

I have a bag of the Rub Co Wing Rub that I really, really need to try soon.

Oh my! They do look delicious! I could go for a nice little wing nosh right now. :thumb:

These damn wing threads are killing me. Great close ups! :thumb: I gotta get me some Fin & Feather and some Big Butz. The Hot Wing Rub is great!

I definitely recommend you get some of each! I've also had the Fin & Feather on Tilapia and it was good. It is pretty potent with a pretty strong citrus flavor so I'd recommend going a little lighter when applying the Fin & Feather the first time and then adjusting to your taste on the next round.

For some reason I am having a huge craving for chicken wings. :hungry:

I never get tired of these wonderful experiments.

We're really enjoying your Chicken Dust Tom! It was great on turkey as well.

I'm slipping... when did Plowboys release Fin & Feather?

I have a bag of the Rub Co Wing Rub that I really, really need to try soon.

It looks like Plowboys released it in October. I didn't see it until around Thanksgiving and didn't get a chance to get any until a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Yup they looked great. One of my favorite things to cook. Glad to see you used whole wings and not those skimpy ones in the big bag.

Back