View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #13
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm speaking out of turn, since I'm no longer a moderator, but I had a hand in crafting the existing rules.

The rules as they exist were established to review each fundraiser based on merit. Guidelines were established to attempt to narrow the scope. Once the horse is out of the barn, it's hard to get it back in. Tenure, and post count are factors that are considered, but they aren't the only ones.

From your perspective your solution makes perfect sense. From a forum admin or moderator perspective it's a little more involved. If I have tenure, and post count I can start a fundraiser for whatever cause you find objectionable, potentially end the relationship with Google and the banner ads that help support this forum. The same thread could get picked up by search engine spiders and live on in search results for years.

It can be a delicate balance. The rules, as they exist, were crafted to limit the benefit of one of the most popular BBQ forums to members and those closest to them.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->