/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Not sure what I'm cooking yet, probably tamales (maybe enchiladas) but will throw a smoked mac&cheese or two on with the butts. I'll figure it out and update your spreadsheet.

About 13 Brethren and 34-37 people including SO's and kiddos not counting any of the maybes...should be a hoot!!!

Next week I will send out PMs to the folks that haven't provided menu input and the maybes and see if we can firm things up...

2.5 more weeks! Who else is getting excited???

We were wanting to do a trial camping trip this weekend at a local park to see how Tyler would do in the tent, but may not be able to swing it...so, I might be really tired on the day of the Bash :wink: But really, he is a good sleeper, so not TOO worried about it.

So does this mean you are camping and bringing the Bandera?

Ummm No. LoL

May Camp but I'm bringing Frank n Karl and

a Fire Exstinguisher and would like a few more to bring one if they got one. :thumb:

I have one in Pepper....I'll try to remember to bring it.

I take a small one with me with all my comp stuff. Oh and I got new tires on the smoker today so I wont have to fear a blowout on the way up there.

Had lunch with Brian (Totally Basted) today & he's coming down next weekend & we'll commit to a final menu then. Ideas are brats & sauerkraut and/or chicken, either hot wings or thighs.

Or who knows?

Mrs Frognot is bringing a dessert (hopefully brownies) and some raws veggies and will bring her Keurig with some various coffees. Probably another side, depending on what Brian & I decide.

Less than 2 weeks out!

Sent out PMs to all the maybes a bit ago.

Will be assembling the door prizes over the next several days. We have really gotten some great stuff from our Brethren vendors!!!!

Where are you guys camping at? I was looking at the map and it looks like the Wild Plum area is really close to the Pavilion we are using, close to mountain bike trails, fishing, restrooms, and parking.

Wild Plum is probably the closest camp site, but my family and I will be camping in Deer Ridge to have electric and water. Site selection is first come first serve, so we will try to get one on the Wild Plum side to be closest to the Pavilion.

I'm taking that Friday off work and am only coming from Frisco. So, I am planning on getting there Friday morning and claim a spot, setup everything, then go back to Frisco to get the two kids after school lets out.

I'm taking that Friday off work and am only coming from Frisco. So, I am planning on getting there Friday morning and claim a spot, setup everything, then go back to Frisco to get the two kids after school lets out.
Sounds good! We'll be there mid-day Friday. Look for Colt in the Deer Ridge camp :wink:

Will be coming out Saturday morning and camping Sat night.

Back